Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you try crystal meth?

Options
  • 29-09-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/crystal-meth-haul-valued-at-euro250000-found-in-suitcases-2891312.html
    Customs officers seized a haul of the drug crystal meth, with a street value of about €250,000, at Dublin Airport yesterday following a joint operation with the Garda National Immigration Bureau.

Two and a half kilos of the drug, also known as 'ice' and 'yaba', were concealed in the framework of two suitcases and discovered when officers stopped a 39-year-old man, who had arrived on a flight from Lesotho in Africa.

The suspect was arrested and taken for questioning. Gardai had initially been involved in the operation because they wished to talk to the man about immigration issues.

This was the first crystal meth seizure at Dublin Airport and the most significant haul of the drug in the State for more than three years.

The drug is cheaper than heroin or cocaine and is more easily available in other countries as it can be manufactured in 'backstreet' laboratories.

In a separate operation at the airport on Tuesday, customs officers seized €9,500 in cash from a 25-year-old Polish man, who had flown into Dublin on a flight from Warsaw.

The cash was taken from the passenger by the officers under the Proceeds of Crime (Amendment) Act, 2005.

In Dublin District Court yesterday, Judge Brian Smyth made an order allowing the officers to hold on to the money for three months to allow further inquiries to be carried out.

Customs said last night that both seizures were a result of routine profiling of airline passengers by its officers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Only if I was terminally ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I tried Crystal Swing. It's been a few years now and I'm still recovering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Crystal Swing *cringe* :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

If i could get my hands on some, yeah, i would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

I used crystals once to realign my chakras. It didnt work. I ended up having to take them to the boys down the local garage. They put me up on a machine and realigned me in no time. Crystals are a big con meth-thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Is it free? If so I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bazza1

I think Chrystal Swing are on Crystal Meth! :D

No, because of its high addictive and neurotoxic potential. Contrary to what some people would like to believe, different drugs have different risks. Some are dangerous and some aren't so dangerous. Methamphetamine falls into the former category.

I suppose I would try it for a few times, get a deadly buzz out of it.

Then I would just stop.

Just like that.

Easy peezy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Not a chance. I like drugs that make me feel good without ruining my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'd try it.
    I've tried most other drugs, so why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

they call it white mans crack in america because it can get white middle class people addicted, unlike crack, which white people are born without the gene that gets us addicted to it.

lies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

No. Never

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

After watching Breaking Bad I'm going to go with no...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Why were they importing it? Isn't meth piss easy to make?

I would say no, but I said I would never take everything I've taken until I took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

I seen that €250,000 was found on some African guy there in Dublin airport. My mates did yabba on holidaies, wounldn't do it here though, they wouldn't bring thier messing home, said it was pretty cool stuff but wouldn't ever do it in a normal situation in case it became a regular thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    If i could get my hands on some, yeah, i would.

would you username have anything to do with that? what are the effects? does it just make you talk sh1te like normal c0ke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Yeah, science!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

would you username have anything to do with that? what are the effects? does it just make you talk sh1te like normal c0ke?

From talk to frank
    • It can bring on a feeling of exhilaration and produces increased arousal and activity levels.
    • People feel more awake and it suppresses appetite.
    • Smoking the purer crystalline form (also known as 'crystal meth' or 'ice') produces a very intense 'rush' similar to that produced by crack cocaine but longer-lasting - between 4 and 12 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Not even once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

TheBunk1 wrote: »

How many weight-watchers points is a hit of meth again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

No way. I read somewhere before that it causes the brain to resemble swiss cheese full of holes.:eek:

TheBunk1 wrote: »

In fairness, she ended up looking just as bad as she did when she started.

Lost a little weight in between though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I know a few people that have had issues with it when they where abroad. From girls sleeping with tramps to get a fix and people loosing the use of hands. I've been a recreational drug user for years, but id class meth with smack and crack in its destructiveness. Horrible drug, do not touch

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

I still would...

Hey! That's my mother you're talking about... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not in a million years.

Got weed?

Advertisement