Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for santa

Options
  • 10-11-2014 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

hi there, my small fella is 2 months old and his mother wants us to take him to santa just for the pictures, ive never really been to any in cork so i was wondering where the best place would be, i dont mind travelling
    ive heard leahy's farm is good and blarney, any tips would be great
    i think we are going to take pics every year as a keep sake, well till he stops believing lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We got nice pictures at Fota House last year, the room is lovely and the Santa is a sweetie, but they are unbelievably disorganised. We booked it through a work discount.

Most of the supermarkets / shopping centers will have free Santas too, if you don't mind the red-faced very warm santa. :)

The santa experiences are very nice for older kids, but for one picture, I don't know will it be worth it.

Here's a pic of the santa in Fota house.
    http://www.fotahouse.com/what-s-on/events/family-fun-events/the-magic-of-santa-at-fota.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Kinsale have a Santa this year each weekend in December at the Mill (opposite St Multose Church) which could be a nice day out. They let you book a time slot so less hanging around. Some details on their website here. We are booked for Sunday so can let you know how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

The Blarney one looks great this year. The Farm in Grenagh is supposed to be very good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

To be honest I wouldn't waste money on an experience like Leahy's or Fota until the child is older.

You basically want the photo................ I'd 3 newborns at various Christmas times,and all I wanted was the photo.

I would go somewhere that is nice but cheap and cheerful, like a shopping centre one, or even check out your local town/areas around that.

Advertisement