Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much is my guitar worth?

Options
  • 15-07-2006 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

how are ya all doing i custom built a guitar about 3 weeks ago and i was wondering what is it actually worth?
    firstly i havnt bothered wiring it yet

right to start off the neck is from a vantage stratocaster copy but its styled like a jackson i think it points downwards though its a maple strat body with a few bumps and scratches of an unknown make some wood routered out for the second humbucker the pickups are-a humbucker of unknown brand on the neck
    a single coil of the same unknown brand in the middle
    and at the bridge there is a humbucker from a 69 tele(well i think 69) i gto from me brother when he customised his

so what i wanna know is how much is it worth if i was to sell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

4 pieces of eight and my first born child?

seriously, post pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i will tomorrow

not to mods and potential buyers:this is not for sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say its probably not worth more than 100-150 euro. mainly due to the fact that its a parts guitar. and not very good parts by the sound of it.

please do post a photo of it though!:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If you built it yourself and it's your first, it's worth far far less than you spent on the parts. Sorry but that's the reality of it.

feylya wrote:
    If you built it yourself and it's your first, it's worth far far less than you spent on the parts. Sorry but that's the reality of it.

i think the most i spent on it was like 20 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

€19

ok, i take back what i said yesterday. its actually worth -€100. yes thats right, minus 100! that means you owe me €100 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Its both priceless, and kinda worthless! Its priceless because you made it and you own it. You get a particular joy from it that no one else will. But at the same time the majority(and for no other reason but the "NAME") of the guitar buying public will shun what you have done and pay waaaaaay more for a manufactured machine built guitar. Enjoy it for what it is dude but its not worth much on the open market.

ooook
    back to street begging for me :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Unfortunately, until you get at least 10 perfect guitars made, your guitars will not sell well especially if you haven't spread your name about. People buy simply because of the name. I got a 12 year old guitar is incredible nick with a hardcase for €350 with a trade in in a guitar shop in Dublin simply because PRS wasn't on the head.

• Advertisement

you'd only get about €20 if you sold that. it looks dog rough! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Ah it's not that bad! He made it himself for chrissake.

Just keep trying, says I.

can i point out thats its myguitar.jpg files and ignore the other one
    also that pickup is from a telecaster 1969

Advertisement