Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT on Livery Services

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

The 2/3rds rule refers to a supply of goods being more then 2/3rds of the vat exclusive price supplied to the customer. I understand livery of horses is a service so the 2/3rds rule cannot apply.

It does not apply to agricultural goods either.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Thanks dbran,

Would the entire service be then chargeable to VAT at 13.5% or should expenses incurred on the horses as part of the service be recharged at their respective rates i.e. transport of horses at 23%, farrier at 23%

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi Jim

I would suspect that they would each be termed as multiple supplies as they would each be a service in their own right. In that case the VAT rate would be the rate applicable to each service as you described and not 13.5%. If a service is complementary to the main service ie it would not usually be supplied on its own, then it may be either 13.5% or it may be 23% depending on which is the main service supplied.

I am not a "horsey person" so thats the best I do. :D

dbran

Advertisement