Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Irish: from Shannon -> Killarney

Options
  • 31-07-2014 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi, I am picking up relatives arriving from US Monday morning at 6.30am in Shannon and driving them to Killarney. They are mad to try a full Irish breakfast on the way down. Any recommendations would be great. Someplace thats open early and doesn't cost a fortune.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,346 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Malton in Killarney (the old Great Southern Hotel) will impress them no end with it's Victorian elegance but that's at the end of your journey so if you want to stop on the way I'd say the Dunraven Arms hotel in Adare is probably your best bet. In the corridor around by the toilets there's a photo of the manager with Princess Anne and another one with him and Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones - should impress the Americans!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Dolans is a traditional Irish pub in Limerick. It on the dock road so you wouldn't have to go out of you way. Breakfast is great and pub is a proper Irish bar.
    It open early bank holiday Monday for breakfast.

Here's a link to Breakfast Menu

https://dolans.ie/dolans-menu-breakfast.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

You will be too early for any place along the road. And sometimes the US planes arrive before schedule. Better off to go straight to Killarney and get it there. Unless the plane is late. The breakfast in the Airport isn't too bad actually. It might be your best option. I think it's open at 6am.

Advertisement