Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to / from liverpool nov 14

Options
  • 08-10-2010 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

trying to get to / from liverpool for the day on nov 14. we're willing to fly or drive.

cheapest ferry is about 250 between two and cheapest flights are 140 between two.

any other options we're missing? the ferry seems very expensive. is it just because it's only a month away?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Random wrote: »
    trying to get to / from liverpool for the day on nov 14. we're willing to fly or drive.

cheapest ferry is about 250 between two and cheapest flights are 140 between two.

any other options we're missing? the ferry seems very expensive. is it just because it's only a month away?

thanks
    probably expensive because Everton are at home to Arsenal that day and a few thousand Lads will travel over for the game........ just a guess:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

that's why i was hoping to pop over. just looking for anything really. was hoping to grab a ferry and drive but for 2 people going it's still a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭kindalen

get a rail/sail for about 40 euro each way.
    or go as a foot passanger to holyhead and rent a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Everton or Liverpool are at home every Sat. - flights are cheap if bought well in advance but do go up closer to the date - check out Manchester or even Birmingham as possible cheaper alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

€70 for flights to Liverpool is not bad really, is that including taxes. charges and handling fee? I imagine it wont stay at that price for long.

Bus Eireann do a coach service in conjunction with Eurolines, it departs Bus Aras, Dublin around 8pm and arrives in Liverpool bus station at around 4am. I'm not sure of the price, could even be dearer than flying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Blackpool might be an option to fly into either then train down to Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Random wrote: »

cheapest ferry is about 250

thanks

You may have missed the 24 hr ferry deals. I am getting 182 euro for a car and two.

http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/day-trips/daytrip-holyhead-by-car/

http://www.irishferries.com/fares-offers-britain-from-ireland.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

thanks for the info so far. i'm looking at different options still (i know the longer i leave it the higher the price goes up but only had the match tickets confirm this week so couldn't book sooner).

flight options:
    - ryanair

ferry options:
    - stena line
    - irish ferries

i don't want to go with the bus or foot passenger options.
    i'm gonna look up nearby airports and see what other options i have there too.

have i missed any options?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

try flying into manchester and rail to liverpool or taxi 80 quid between 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭kindalen

delta taxi's in liverpool charge about £45 from manc airport to pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 aloweta

Lollymcd wrote: »

Bus Eireann do a coach service in conjunction with Eurolines, it departs Bus Aras, Dublin around 8pm and arrives in Liverpool bus station at around 4am. I'm not sure of the price, could even be dearer than flying!

We're doing this trip for next weekend's pre season friendly to Borussia Dortmund. Due to arrive in liverpool at 4am and leaving on Sunday night so haven't booked into a hotel. Any ideas on where we could hang out between 4am and kick off? ('We' being me and my 12 year old son so no nightclubs/early houses!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Not a whole lot in Liverpool open at that hour. There's a few McDonalds that do stay open, maybe chill in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

aloweta wrote: »
    We're doing this trip for next weekend's pre season friendly to Borussia Dortmund. Due to arrive in liverpool at 4am and leaving on Sunday night so haven't booked into a hotel. Any ideas on where we could hang out between 4am and kick off? ('We' being me and my 12 year old son so no nightclubs/early houses!!)

Liverpool has a 24 Mc Donalds at Ranelagh Street and Lord Street. Ranelagh Street is very close to Liverpool Central Station and Lime Street Station. Im guessing due to the time your arriving in at your getting the overnight ferry and bus. There are some 24 hour bars down near Wood Street as well that open weekends. If you need to know anything else just ask. I lived in Liverpool for 3 years came back to Dublin 4 years ago. So long as your not drunk the security guard at Mc Donalds should allow you stay there but they might tell you to move on due to it been a weekend and a lot of drunk people around . Lime Street station should also be open if you want to hang out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gary Gleeson

Don't drive and get the ferry as you are better off getting the Eurolines coach from Busaras in Dublin to Liverpool return and it's only around €60 it's even less if you book online in advance.

It's cheaper than putting the fuel in your car and someone else does the driving.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

He asked for that advice the year David Cameron became UK Prime Minister.

Advertisement