Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuba (Central America?) and South America

Options
  • 24-11-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I am considering 3-4 months travel from February to May/June and I am wondering about a suitable itenerary that includes Cuba and maybe some of Central America before seeing a bit of South America. I will be travelling alone. I have a 7-8k budget, is this enough to include flights?

I think I would prefer to start my trip in Cuba in February and then go to SA. Or would it be better to do Cuba last after SA?

I am just wondering if anybody has any strong recommendations or advice on what the best way to get there is with a view to fly on to Colombia or even somewhere else in Central America before going to Colombia.

Is there anywhere in Central America that would work on a budget? Costa Rica? Panama...I have read good things...

Any advice on how to search for flights or get flexible tickets?

Thanks a lot!

In SA, I would like to see Colombia, Peru, Chile and Argentina.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

We did Costa Rica earlier this year. It is awesome, there's a selection of wildlife that you'll find no-where else on earth. But it's not cheap.

Remember that you will need to fly to get between South America and Central America. So it might be interesting to consider starting in South America then Cuba then Central America.

Don't forget to check the climate in the countries you're going to in order to avoid the rainy seasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Remember that you will need to fly to get between South America and Central America. So it might be interesting to consider starting in South America then Cuba then Central America.

You can sail from Panama to Colombia via San Blas islands.

Or if flying the cheapest route from Cuba to South America is probably Havana to Caracas. Or at least it was the few times i done it.

Advertisement