Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick regeneration programme to proceed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Proper education, stress reduction techniques and how to live healthy are required if the regenerating is going to be a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

It's all well and good making nice houses there but you have to change the way children are reared to really make a difference. Unsociable behaviour will still be rife, just in slightly better conditions.

If the purpose of this scheme is to reduce crime social deprivation, this will fail. Money would be much better spent on education. It sounds like a heartless thing to say but a scum bag will behave like a scum bag if they are raised like one, if they have no hope of getting work, education, prospects in life. A decent home will do next to nothing.

I do think some of the conditions some of the people live in is deplorable and horrible to see however, but feel the money could be better spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ziggystar

Load of PR bull again, most of the cash would have come down under other various projects anyway. in the meantime the orinal prmise of first builds bt late 2009 was a blatant lie and the continued degeneration of the estates take place while they offer proud home owners pittance to leave.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

magma69 wrote: »
    It's all well and good making nice houses there but you have to change the way children are reared to really make a difference. Unsociable behaviour will still be rife, just in slightly better conditions.

If the purpose of this scheme is to reduce crime social deprivation, this will fail. Money would be much better spent on education. It sounds like a heartless thing to say but a scum bag will behave like a scum bag if they are raised like one, if they have no hope of getting work, education, prospects in life. A decent home will do next to nothing.

I do think some of the conditions some of the people live in is deplorable and horrible to see however, but feel the money could be better spent.

Agree entirely, I'm not a fan of this scheme either.
    But it's money that is being spent in Limerick which should create jobs for Limerick people, so in that sense I welcome it.

Advertisement