Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fetac offers cao 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

ais942 wrote: »
    What time did your offer come? Were you notified by text?
    i checked bout quarter past six and it was there and got a text and email at 9

Username1_ wrote: »
    A few different courses mainly sport courses & business.

Dont worry them offers arent out till the 18th im nearly sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

CheyK wrote: »
    Well done! Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭CheyK

I got my first choice too!

I got my first choice too!

Wow delighted for you :) I'm excited to start now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

ais942 wrote: »
    Got no offers..... Could any offers come throughout the day?
    If you didn't get your first choice, you could still get your second, but since it's an IT, you'll have to wait until the 18th, I think, to find out, at the same time as leaving cert students

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

A little bit of the point but I couldn't find a totally suitable thread. I am hoping someone can help.

I completed a FETAC Course which finished in May. I had sent in my CAO Form in January and had 2 preferred courses but was not sure what order to put them in. It was St. Pats, Drumcondra and NUI Maynooth and I kept St. Pats as my number 1.

St. Pats offered me a place and shortly after I accepted. I am now not entirely sure if St. Pats is right for me.

Will I also get offered a spot by Maynooth? Or because I accepted my number one course, I will not get offered anything else?

Is there anything I could do, like for example cancel my St. Pats offer and contact Maynooth and see is there places available?

Sorry, I did email CAO and they only sent me a link to their website which is not very clear. Thanks for your help

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    A little bit of the point but I couldn't find a totally suitable thread. I am hoping someone can help.

I completed a FETAC Course which finished in May. I had sent in my CAO Form in January and had 2 preferred courses but was not sure what order to put them in. It was St. Pats, Drumcondra and NUI Maynooth and I kept St. Pats as my number 1.

St. Pats offered me a place and shortly after I accepted. I am now not entirely sure if St. Pats is right for me.

Will I also get offered a spot by Maynooth? Or because I accepted my number one course, I will not get offered anything else?

Is there anything I could do, like for example cancel my St. Pats offer and contact Maynooth and see is there places available?

Sorry, I did email CAO and they only sent me a link to their website which is not very clear. Thanks for your help

Under no circumstances can you be offered a course lower on your list. Cancelling st Pats wont help either you cant be offered the other under any circumstances once you have been offered your first choice

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fitz95

Have dit sent out all their offers for social care fetac applicants or will there still be some sent out in the round 1 cao offers?

fitz95 wrote: »
    Have dit sent out all their offers for social care fetac applicants or will there still be some sent out in the round 1 cao offers?

I'm not sure. Some people are saying IT's didn't send out offers yesterday but I got an offer from Blanch IT.. Ring the college is prob your best bet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Some i.t.' s had a number of places set aside for fetac applications. Those places were offered yesterday. Don't worry there is still a chance you will be offered a place when the cao offers are out on 18 August.

For those that did get places yesterday, will we have to wait until the first round is out to hear from the college?

I'm not sure. Some people are saying IT's didn't send out offers yesterday but I got an offer from Blanch IT.. Ring the college is prob your best bet
    I have been told that dit is the only IT along with universities that sent out fetac places yesterday, I'm hoping in round one there will be some places left. Thanks for your reply

Owryan wrote: »
    Some i.t.' s had a number of places set aside for fetac applications. Those places were offered yesterday. Don't worry there is still a chance you will be offered a place when the cao offers are out on 18 August.
    I really hope so as I've my heart set on dit. Thank you for your reply

Theres a really good chance of getting an offer in the next round if its in an i.t. Think dit is different thou or if you applied for nursing or any course over 400 points.. Them offers would have been out yesterday as far as i know ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rob__MC

Hey I know it's late but hopefully someone will see it by tomorrow.
    I am a FETAC student who applied for nursing and i got 8 distinctions and 2 merits. I applied to colleges in dublin, galway, limerick and tralee. I still have got NO offer. I am getting really nervous, can i still be offered a place i these colleges up until september ? The fetac and cao websites are unclear.
    I applied to gmit, it tralee, ul, nuig, dit, dcu, and trinity. Can i still be offered a place in round zero up until august 7th, and could i be offered a place along with the leaving certs ? I am really nervous as i dont want to have to wait another year and enter as a mature student.
    Any thoughts ? :(

Rob__MC wrote: »
    I am a FETAC student who applied for nursing and i got 8 distinctions and 2 merits. I applied to colleges in dublin, galway, limerick and tralee. I still have got NO offer. I am getting really nervous, can i still be offered a place i these colleges up until september ? The fetac and cao websites are unclear.
    I applied to gmit, it tralee, ul, nuig, dit, dcu, and trinity. Can i still be offered a place in round zero up until august 7th, and could i be offered a place along with the leaving certs ? I am really nervous as i dont want to have to wait another year and enter as a mature student.

As far as I know the round 0 offers are only giving on the day stated and applicants are giving a week to accept them so if you didn't get any on Thursday you won't now but hold out until the 18th of August :) there's still 2 more rounds as far as I'm aware :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Charlene22

Hey so i applied for nursing courses and got offered a place in DCU on the 31st but im undecided whether to take it or not as it wasn't my first choice and i have to know by the 7th , but i was wondering if i accept DCU will i still get other offers on the 18th of august?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Charlene22 wrote: »
    Hey so i applied for nursing courses and got offered a place in DCU on the 31st but im undecided whether to take it or not as it wasn't my first choice and i have to know by the 7th , but i was wondering if i accept DCU will i still get other offers on the 18th of august?

If you accept an offer lower down on your list, you can still get an offer for a course higher on your list. E.g if DCU Nursing was your number 3, you can still get an offer for your number 2 and 1 in the first round in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Rob__MC wrote: »

Nursing is extremely hard to get into i tried last year with no luck but got it dis yr. To be in wit a chance you need disrinctions in certain modules and also need d full 8 distinctions. All nursing offers were out on thursday but if people turn down there place you can get an offer in the next round.

Charlene22 wrote: »
    yep yu can still get an offer for anything higher dan dcu on your list :) but if your goin on fetac its unlikely unless you hav a good leaving cert and enough points to go higher

As far as I know the round 0 offers are only giving on the day stated and applicants are giving a week to accept them so if you didn't get any on Thursday you won't now but hold out until the 18th of August :) there's still 2 more rounds as far as I'm aware :)

Hey thanks, Im sure something will come up. Even if i dont get a place, i can still do a plc lets say and go next year as a mature student :P

Sinny2 wrote: »
    Nursing is extremely hard to get into i tried last year with no luck but got it dis yr. To be in wit a chance you need disrinctions in certain modules and also need d full 8 distinctions. All nursing offers were out on thursday but if people turn down there place you can get an offer in the next round.

Really ? Because a girl in my plc course only got the 5 needed distinctions and got a place in dublin. Where as i got 8 distinctions and 2 merits ? It doesnt make sense, probably more of a lottery than a qualification factor. Hmm !
    Anyway,
    Heres to the 18th :P

Ah thats kinda really unfair on yuu... I rang the unniversities and they said anyone with 8 distinctions wud say get a place before someone with 7 as long as they were in the required modules unless it was adelaide school of nursing in trinity as they go mostly on the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ryan Connors

Hi everyone! i did a Fetac level 6 course this year and applied for a CAO. Although, Round Zero has passed and i did not get any offers :(. I was wondering if that if that's it? or am i eligible to receive an offer in Round 1 or maybe even Round 2? I have mainly applied for institutes of technologies and with my first choice being DIT. A few of my freinds have received offers and im becoming very nervous. Replies will be greatly appreciated! and congrats to those who got offers and best of luck to those did not yet! :)

• Advertisement

As far as i know DIT offers were out on thursday but other institutes give there main body of offers on the 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nathansredarmy

Hey just wondering if someone could help me I was offered a course in dit but it's not my first or second choice I'm hoping to hear from it Tallaght but I was wondering if I accept the course from dit and Tallaght then offer me a place can I change it.

Also if I don't accept the offer from dit now is there any chance that I could take it in the second round or would the offer be gone altogether.

I know what your thinking a lot of noob questions but maybe someone might be able to help !!

Hey just wondering if someone could help me I was offered a course in dit but it's not my first or second choice I'm hoping to hear from it Tallaght but I was wondering if I accept the course from dit and Tallaght then offer me a place can I change it.

Also if I don't accept the offer from dit now is there any chance that I could take it in the second round or would the offer be gone altogether.

I know what your thinking a lot of noob questions but maybe someone might be able help

If you accept this course your still entitled to get offered something higher on your list.. Your best off accepting what you have now that way at least you have something. If you let this offer go you won't be able to accept it again.

I know what your thinking a lot of noob questions but maybe someone might be able help

If you accept this course your still entitled to get offered something higher on your list.. Your best off accepting what you have now that way at least you have something. If you let this offer go you won't be able to accept it again.

Were you going to say something it's just a blank message you replied with. Sorry jus realised you did my bad ha I'm such a noob.

Were you going to say something it's just a blank message you replied with. Sorry jus realised you did my bad ha I'm such a noob.

Thanks for that really helped I'm going to accept it. Cheers thank you !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Toto95

Does anyone know how the plc offers really work? All my choice are for gmit, and I got more than what they're asking for, although to get into gmit you need all passes, will I get one of my choices at least or? & are gmit offers defiantly out with the lc?

Anyone trying to get into nursing this year it looks like applicants has dropped so the points might too! http://www.hea.ie/sites/default/files/an_analysis_of_cao_1st_preference_applications_2014.pdf

If you have the requirements for a level 6/7 course or more than the requirements are you entitled to the course?

Gmit are out with the lc :) with plc offers you grades are tirned into lc points based on distinction merit or pass. So even if you have all the requirements your not guaranteed a place .. You compete against lc students on the basis of your converted points. This only is the case in institutes of technologys, hope that helps :) if your converted points are a good bit higher than the points needed last year your in with a really good chance of gettin your place :)

Gmit are out with the lc :) with plc offers you grades are tirned into lc points based on distinction merit or pass. So even if you have all the requirements your not guaranteed a place .. You compete against lc students on the basis of your converted points. This only is the case in institutes of technologys, hope that helps :) if your converted points are a good bit higher than the points needed last year your in with a really good chance of gettin your place :)

Well if I convert my results into points, I have exactly what I need for my first option, so would I stand a chance then? It's not really fair though, after working hard you get nothing for it, what are you meant to do for the year then if you don't get a course😕

Toto95 wrote: »
    Well if I convert my results into points, I have exactly what I need for my first option, so would I stand a chance then? It's not really fair though, after working hard you get nothing for it, what are you meant to do for the year then if you don't get a course😕

What is your course? I say keep the fingers crossed you could defo still get first choice.. I know i didnt get a place last yr and got top marks, wasnt possible to do any better so i just worked and reapplied again this year.. And thats easier said than done too as jobs are impossible to find

What is your course? I say keep the fingers crossed you could defo still get first choice.. I know i didnt get a place last yr and got top marks, wasnt possible to do any better so i just worked and reapplied again this year.. And thats easier said than done too as jobs are impossible to find

Business studies. So you didn't get a course last year? Why was that? What course & college did you apply for? That's not fair at all, I didn't know they could that, I thought it was if you have the requirements for a course, you get it. Like the leaving cert

Business studies. So you didn't get a course last year? Why was that? What course & college did you apply for? That's not fair at all, I didn't know they could that, I thought it was if you have the requirements for a course, you get it. Like the leaving cert

Ah your in with a good chance i say :) i had applied to nursing and filled the 10 choices on cao with nursing in most places.. Nursing is an exception nd they do things differently and is in such high demand. I got 9 distinctions and so did alot of other people far too many for the places available so it was all done through ramdom selection bit like a lotto :p if you look up the pilot scheme it explains it all under that about plc's and fetac links

Ah your in with a good chance i say :) i had applied to nursing and filled the 10 choices on cao with nursing in most places.. Nursing is an exception nd they do things differently and is in such high demand. I got 9 distinctions and so did alot of other people far too many for the places available so it was all done through ramdom selection bit like a lotto :p if you look up the pilot scheme it explains it all under that about plc's and fetac links

Aw no! I know nursing is a lot harder to get into, you should have put down some other science courses instead of all nursing. So have you gotten any offers yet? Or are you waiting till the 18th?

Aw no! I know nursing is a lot harder to get into, you should have put down some other science courses instead of all nursing. So have you gotten any offers yet? Or are you waiting till the 18th?

I got nursing this year found out the end of last month so persistance pays off :D but nursing is different from other courses thats the only reason i got an offer earlier than the 18th :) i could still get another offer in the 18th through the hear scheme but have already accepted the offer i got :)

• Advertisement

I got nursing this year found out the end of last month so persistance pays off :D but nursing is different from other courses thats the only reason i got an offer earlier than the 18th :) i could still get another offer in the 18th through the hear scheme but have already accepted the offer i got :)

Oh yay! Happy for you😊 I also have courses lower than the points I got so hopefully I get one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 CiaraBrady

Can someone explain to me how you change the Fetac results into LC points as it makes little sense to me, and do I change only 6 of the results? and so do I add that onto my existing LC points? I'm hoping for Applied Social Studies in GMIT :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Your Leaving Cert results can not be combined with your FETAC results.

The GMIT prospectus states:

A pass in any FETAC/CAS Award at Level 5/6 meets the entry requirements
    for Higher Certificate or Bachelor Degree (Level 6 or Level 7) programmes.
    A pass with distinction grade in at least three modules in any FETAC/CAS
    Award at Level 5/6 meets the entry requirements for honours bachelor
    degrees (Level 8) with the exception of nursing degree programmes and
    GA980 BSc (Honours) in Design and Technology Education.

Best of luck

Your Leaving Cert results can not be combined with your FETAC results.

The GMIT prospectus states:

A pass in any FETAC/CAS Award at Level 5/6 meets the entry requirements
    for Higher Certificate or Bachelor Degree (Level 6 or Level 7) programmes.
    A pass with distinction grade in at least three modules in any FETAC/CAS
    Award at Level 5/6 meets the entry requirements for honours bachelor
    degrees (Level 8) with the exception of nursing degree programmes and
    GA980 BSc (Honours) in Design and Technology Education.

Best of luck[/quote

So if you get the requirements for the course you want to do(I wanna study business) do you get the course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Not necessarily - it will then depend on the points required for that course - what were the points for the GMIT course last year ?

Establish that - then use the following to convert your FETAC results into points (you will need to have your FETAC results close by to do this).

http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/documents/Progression_to_Higher_Education_2013.pdf

Not necessarily - it will then depend on the points required for that course - what were the points for the GMIT course last year ?

Establish that - then use the following to convert your FETAC results into points (you will need to have your FETAC results close by to do this).[/quote

Well if I convert my fetac results into points I have exactly what I need for my business course in gmit, is there a chance I'll get my course then?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭CheyK

Establish that - then use the following to convert your FETAC results into points (you will need to have your FETAC results close by to do this).

Well if I convert my fetac results into points I have exactly what I need for my business course in gmit, is there a chance I'll get my course then?

Once the points don't go up, you're in with a shot. You have just as much chance of getting the course as someone who got the same amount of points through the Leaving Cert.

Once the points don't go up, you're in with a shot. You have just as much chance of getting the course as someone who got the same amount of points through the Leaving Cert.

Oh okay, thank you very much! I also have lower points than my first choice so hopefully I get one of my choices:(

I got an offer for UCC in round zero and I accepted it but it was my seventh choice on the CAO and I am wondering if I'll still get an offer for higher choices on my CAO in round one next week??

• Advertisement

I got an offer for UCC in round zero and I accepted it but it was my seventh choice on the CAO and I am wondering if I'll still get an offer for higher choices on my CAO in round one next week??

Yeah you can still get offered anything higher up on your list if uou meet the requirements :)

Advertisement