Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature students starting this september!

Options
  • 11-07-2014 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi! im excited to start!
    accepted my offer for Applied Social Studies in Social Care!
    what course did you accept and where are you coming from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mature student myself but going into second year of social care. Enjoy the first year. It's a great course thus far.

A social care society was set up last year and the aim for next year is to kinda do a mentoring service. Basically from 4th year down, students will pass on info to new and existing students.

Good luck and more importantly, enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gingergirl

Hi, also was offered a place on Applied Social Studies in Social Care. Its something that I have wanted to do for a number of years (before I get too mature). Unfortunately, I may have to forget the dream of going to college as I think I won't be able to afford it. Family not very supportive or encouraging. Have applied for grant so awaiting on outcome there, so all is not lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

gingergirl wrote: »
    Hi, also was offered a place on Applied Social Studies in Social Care. Its something that I have wanted to do for a number of years (before I get too mature). Unfortunately, I may have to forget the dream of going to college as I think I won't be able to afford it. Family not very supportive or encouraging. Have applied for grant so awaiting on outcome there, so all is not lost.

Are you a mature student? Try having a look for financial advice in the Mature student forum. Really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

Congrats Dreamkas and Gingergirl!!

I'm also an ITB mature student. Heading back into 3rd year in September. I'll be mentoring first years this year too.

There are plenty of matures in ITB, especially on the social care program. Enjoy the rest of your summer and hopefully our paths will cross at some stage on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Foxylocks

I'm stating in Sept too, really excited and a bit nervous to going back to school but I need a challenge and need to do something for me. I've enrolled for the Accounts Technician course, 1st year....Anyone else starting this course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

Hey I just accepted Applied Social Studies in Social Care too :) I was over the moon when my offer came in this morning. Anyone else get offered this this morning? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dreamkas

woot woot not long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 verodi

Mature student myself...starting year 3 as I applied for advanced entry...exciting times :D

Did u get your registration packs? :)

induction on wednesday! excited! scared! gingergirl hope you got everything sorted! everyone else if you see me say hi! to begin with i will be the one with pink hair! presuming there wont be too many pink haired people wandering around looking lost ;)

• Advertisement

dreamkas wrote: »
    induction on wednesday! excited! scared! gingergirl hope you got everything sorted! everyone else if you see me say hi! to begin with i will be the one with pink hair! presuming there wont be too many pink haired people wandering around looking lost ;)

Yeah I'm sure there will be a few people wondering around looking lost! lol. as stupid as it sounds but what will you be bringing with you on wednesday?

notebook, pen,passport, maybe my laptop since im not sure what will be going on between the 9.15 registration and the 2 pm intro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jwalshtla

hi dreamkas I met you on Monday it was lovely to spend the day with two other people that were in the same situation as i was looking forward to seeing you on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PaddyOTG

Started bn013 last week feeling old! I always have a smirk when the youngsters are calling the lecturers Sir.

yes i for sure feel old! just being labelled mature! did you all sign up for the mature student society!?

yes i for sure feel old! just being labelled mature! did you all sign up for the mature student society!?

to be honest I'm not too pushed on the whole social/society aspect of college.

Althought i was tempted to sign up to the African society today "for the craic"

normally i wouldnt either but i thought what the heck, its their first year, lets see how it goes! i saw the african society today after they had left oh darn ext year :P

normally i wouldnt either but i thought what the heck, its their first year, lets see how it goes! i saw the african society today after they had left oh darn ext year :P

Working 30 hours a week on top of the college so ill see how things go if i think I'll have time i might join a society next year.

The classes are pretty handy so far but I expect that to change soon enough!

What course are you doing?

social care :)

computing over here! there seems to be a decent amount of mature students in itb!

all in all im enjoying the lectures and practical classes

• Advertisement

ditto i am happy !

Advertisement