Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good price for Mondeo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

Richard571 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking for a well specced Mondeo - the link below is a '09 Titanium X, approx 49k miles asking for €13.5k - this seems a good price - is 2.0 D not sure about the engine but I know it has higher road tax.

Is this well priced? Any issues with the car?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Mondeo/TITANIUM/201235209814759/advert?channel=CARS

Thanks for input!!

It seems well priced, miles are low too and its in a nice colour. The think the co2 on the 2.0 is 156 so it will be band D, but it has good power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Titaniums 2.0TDCi were tax band d upto early 2010 which means they are just under €500 to tax. Seems well priced, its a UK import so make sure you do a detailed background check to verify the low mileage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I'd say the price is resonable considering the spec very high titanium is top spec as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Titanium X Sport is actually the highest spec available in the Mondeo but was never sold here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

saw one today a 08 black one (titanium) very nice

Im not that keen on that grey colour -not that it would put me off if everything else was good about it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭peltor

bazz26 wrote: »
    Titanium X Sport is actually the highest spec available in the Mondeo but was never sold here.
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Mondeo/Titanium/201235209853421/advert?channel=CARS

The Reason they were never sold here is because they were nearly €50,000 new Some car all the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 highlighter john

peltor wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Mondeo/Titanium/201235209853421/advert?channel=CARS

The Reason they were never sold here is because they were nearly €50,000 new Some car all the same....

She is a cracker! What would be the MPG on it?

Might take a spin down Kerry to have a spin in her!

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

If you are really interested in this particular car then contact the dealer and get the original UK/NI reg from him. Contact any main Ford dealer in UK/NI and ask when the car was last services and at what mileage. They will have it on their computer.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with it, but just check and make sure.

Also, how easy is it to see the kph on the clock in both daylight and night time. If it's easy then no problem, but if its hard and you are tryiung to concentrate on driving, it could cost you penalty points if you mistakenly exceed the speed limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

awec wrote: »
    Someone selling a car like that after 1 year (or less) and so few miles always screams "too expensive to run" to me.

A diesel Mondeo is not an expensive car to run, even the high powered diesels. I don't know how you can get expensive to run from that - surely it is more expensive to sell it at such a young age and lose a lot on depriciation? A car like that will do low-mid40 mpg all day long.

• Advertisement

Someone selling a car like that after 1 year (or less) and so few miles always screams "too expensive to run" to me.

The Car is for sale by a Garage they imported it to re-sale :) Not a private individual,

Actually around the corner from me, I pass it every day on my way to work have to say its a real looker, they seem to have all fairly fresh nice English stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

lol ....:D

(excuse me)

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

You are right in some cases that may well be so, but I called into the Garage one evening to oogle over this and the salesman said garage bought this car directly off Ford UK themselves, seemingly one of their demo's used for their photographs launches of new vehicle etc , a while back same dealer had a 2011 1.6 Diesel Galaxy from Ford with only 50 miles again a launch model, so someone didn't get rid off it beacuse it was too expensive to run,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Richard571

Hi All,

Thanks all for your comments - went in and did the deal for €13k so happy enough with that. Its got a full service history which checked out and v.happy with all the toys and engine which is very nippy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

peltor wrote: »
    salesman said garage bought this car directly off Ford UK themselves, seemingly one of their demo's used for their photographs launches of new vehicle etc , a while back same dealer had a 2011 1.6 Diesel Galaxy from Ford with only 50 miles again a launch model, so someone didn't get rid off it beacuse it was too expensive to run,

Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to believe that Ford UK would sell directly to a garage that is not part of their network, has no landline or even an address more detailed than 'Kerry'

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to believe that Ford UK would sell directly to a garage that is not part of their network, has no landline or even an address more detailed than 'Kerry'

From the ad, it's some of an address :D :
    Gerard Flynn Car Sales, Flynns Garage, Castlemaine, Co Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Its not a brand new car car so Ford could not give a hoot who sells there used cars..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

Well done and best of luck with her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Great car OP. And a good deal too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement