Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Knocking noise in my skoda

Options
  • 06-02-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

My superb is making a knocking sound very audible while idling, it was fine till yesterday while in wicklow I filled up at a small garage, could dirty diesel cause the knocking sound ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Im afraid its quite likely to be the dreaded dual mass flywheel. See does pressing clutch, holding the car on the clutch change or stop the noise?
    It can sound just like an engine knocking at idle

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

Noisier with clutch fully down car has 3 month gtee sounds like i should act on it

Thanks mick

Warranty might not cover clutch/flywheel. expensive repair too.

Thanks Mick the garages warrenty covered the fault good call.:D

SPCW

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

spcw wrote: »
    Thanks Mick the garages warrenty covered the fault good call.:D

SPCW
    Good news! Was it the DMF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

I think something is loose because I went to see Paul with my Uncle & his car had something knocking he soon got it working later though

Anan1 wrote: »
    Good news! Was it the DMF?

Yes but only started knocking after the car got warm so they didnt spot it the first time in, second time they took it for a run down the country and it was very clear.

Good result that they fully covered such as fault.

Got to post this as most posts are the I was done I got no service etc

I bought my car this january in Merlin Motors on the kylemore road. The car came with a 3 month bumper to bumper warrenty. When the problem arose with the DMF there was no quibbling, an instant loaner car and the full unit replaced.

Fast and efficient and friendly service. Reccomended.

SPCW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I thought the noise may have been an entire family trying to get out of the boot, but obviously Merlin knew better! Nice to hear a good report for a change!

• Advertisement
Advertisement