Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach/Pier fishing at Wexford town?

Options
  • 05-07-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Im going down to Wexford town in a few weeks for a few days, havent been there in years me and my brother usta fish of the Bridge at night with Ragworm for Bass but i heard your not aloud fish of it anymore.

I was wondering if anyone knows any good spots around wexford or in close proximity that i can fish, either with feathers off a pier for mackerel or ragworm off a beach for bass.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

Hi there,

Wexford town area itself is slow enough to be honest. Yea you can target the odd fluke,schoolie,mullet but all and all its poor. Your best bet is getting into the car and fishing the south coast(rosslare-hook) or east coast(blackwater-courtown) or there abouts. Fish into darkness if you can.

If your in the courtown area you can get bait and info etc from joe in courtown angling: http://www.courtownangling.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

thanks for the reply, any tips on what bait ta use, im thinking of using a pattnoster rig with 3oz weight with sandell or ragworm for bait? How would that do off the beach?

i have 2 12ft beach casters with 30lb line that i can easily get 150-200yard casts with a 3oz bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

freekhead wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, any tips on what bait ta use, im thinking of using a pattnoster rig with 3oz weight with sandell or ragworm for bait? How would that do off the beach?

i have 2 12ft beach casters with 30lb line that i can easily get 150-200yard casts with a 3oz bomb.

Lugworm or rag will do,

If your after smaller fish a 2 or 3 hook flapper with a rolling lead, If your after bass up your hooks and fish a 2 hook flapper or a pennel rig with shorter snoods and bigger bait with a grip lead usually.

If you can get that distance you need to be tournament casting haha..........

I dont see why you would need to cast more that 60yards for most species about here pleasure fishing. The bass will be under your feet usually from 5 yards to 30 on surf beaches.

Advertisement