Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hugely indecent proposal

Options
  • 19-02-2009 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is in her early thirties, threw herself into work and never met The One. Anyway, met tonight for a meal in another friends house and the conversation turned to children. She is honestly thinking of getting pregnant by a random man. I'm not sure how I feel on this, it seems wrong against him but then again why should she be denied? She said he's never be asked for a thing and probably never even told. This worries me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Alright, alright, tell her to call me and i'll do it, but only as a favour to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Your friend needs a shag and there's no consequences for the fella?

Tell her to pm me, I'll sort it out

EDIT: Dammit, Senna beat me to the obvious funny.

Ah, sure he'll only crash and burn with her anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

What, like artificial Insemination, or just hook up with random guys till she gets pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

tell her to pm me, I have good sperm , I can fix her up a good deal, might throw in a 2 for 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Insane. I can undertand fertility treatment, and you can explain that to a child when the time comes. But when that child wants to know who its daddy is, and the mother cant answer because she whored herself around to whatever weirdo fella was willing to have unprotected sex with her,
    What does she say then. Plus denying the potential father all access and even knowledge of his offspring is just a whole new world of cruelty. Your friend is only thinking about herself. The emotional and health risks are beyond fathom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

LD 50 wrote: »
    What, like artificial Insemination, or just hook up with random guys till she gets pregnant?

Artificial insemination? Like, having sex with a robot!? Eeewww...!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

orestes wrote: »
    Ah, sure he'll only crash and burn with her anyway.

Thats a bit close to the bone. But i dont mind my bone will be in the OP's friend soon enough:pac::pac::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Shiner88

it's too easy!
    i don't wanna to join..
    sex must be special & child need father too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I think it poses some difficult questions for when she has to tell the child. However, it's easy done and I don't think she'll listen to us. She wants a baby and I'd say will have one by the end of 09 if her recent talk is anything to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

An File wrote: »
    Artificial insemination? Like, having sex with a robot!? Eeewww...!
    Least you don't have to put up with the guy crying afterwards.
    With a robot its in out, in, splooge. Shut down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Shiner88 wrote: »
    it's too easy!
    i don't wanna to join..
    sex must be special & child need father too!
    Oh i see where this is going....:D

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Is there anywhere more serious I could put this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

P.I. But you can save your time. You know she is wrong. Just tell her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

She's nuts. Close thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

She is honestly thinking of getting pregnant by a random man. I'm not sure how I feel on this, it seems wrong against him but then again why should she be denied?

Maybe she should ask him first?

Condoms FTW though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Is there anywhere more serious I could put this?

There is a forum called Pesonal Issues.
    Full of serious business.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

PI.... or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement