Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yappy bastard dogs & ***** who dont care

• 18-02-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Sorry if this is the wrong place mods, wanted to rant a bit, but mostly to find out if anyone else has bastard neighbours and how they cope with them :mad:

Soooo anyway, as I sit here typing this, Im being gently stoked into an alomost homicidal rage by the incessant yapping of the dog next door.
    "Call in and complain", I hear you say.... I have on numerous occasions with the result that we now no longer speak.......Now, I know dogs bark, yada yada, but this dog barks ALL F.UCKING DAY. They leave him out the back, in all weather, with no kennel and during the summer without access to water.....I feel sorry for the dog when I dont want to choke it. Anywho, they fuc*ed off for a weekend away on saturday, didnt come back till yesterday, and left the dog out the back...there was a person calling to the house, but he would only stay about twenty mins and be gone again.....
    So, have we any geniuses on boards that might be able to give me some suggestions for stuff I haven't thought of ???? All and any would be appreciated
    thnx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The dog is lonely and you're clearly bored by the fact that you let this annoy you. Why don't you suggest to the neighbour that you look after the dog during the day? Net result: Quiet dog, happy you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

you can get ultrasonic devices that you can keep on your side of the fence. It picks up a yap and responds in kind with a piercing blast.
    The dog should eventually get the hint.

If I were an asterix, I probably wouldn't care either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

My parents were in a similar situation a few months ago when these new neighbours moved in to a new estate built in our village. They used to be up all night and in bed all day so the dog was also awake as the same time as them.

Every night the parents couldnt sleep as the dog was constantly barking, my father went up to them a few times to tell them to sort the dog out then he threatened them that he would report them to the guards. Eventually they were moved out of the village as they had been causing problems as well in another town. Planks. rant over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

seamus wrote: »
    The dog is lonely and you're clearly bored by the fact that you let this annoy you. Why don't you suggest to the neighbour that you look after the dog during the day? Net result: Quiet dog, happy you.

Have tried this, have suggested bringing it for walks...She looked at me as though I'd stray the poor thing...

And no Im not bored, Im a student who was trying to study but have no peace to do so....... and how many time should you have to approach your neighbour about the same thing??? In all fairness, this is going two years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Adventurous three some for the neighbours and poison cookies for the doggy. Time for that bitch to go the way of Old Yeller.

If I were an asterix, I probably wouldn't care either.

But Obelix would care about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Maybe contact one of those agencies for the welfare of animals and report the owners

/AH response: BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!!

Jumpy wrote: »
    you can get ultrasonic devices that you can keep on your side of the fence. It picks up a yap and responds in kind with a piercing blast.

that sounds excellent :) wonder if I can get one that will blast the ears off the owner every time it barks :D
    Thank you jumpy

But Obelix would care about you.

Well played.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

You have two options here. Either call the ISPCA, or fire a lump of pre-poisoned steak over the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My neighbours have a Jack Russell which are renowned for being territorial. He used to bark constantly out the back but we all only moved in around the same time so go figure. He has stopped barking and now only barks at birds and my lawnmower.

I didnt like the barking at first but the dog eventually grew out of it. It was only a puppy at the time. Now its like the dog is not even there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    and how many time should you have to approach your neighbour about the same thing??? In all fairness, this is going two years

Enough to tell them to keep the f**kin dog quiet, it is a disturbance and its like someone playing loud music next door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Grind up a load of sleeping pills.
    Stuff a sausage full of your powdered pills.
    Throw over fence.
    ????
    PROFIT!!!!

Abigayle wrote: »
    You have two options here. Either call the ISPCA, or fire a lump of pre-poisoned stake over the wall.
    PS - Jumpy is a legend

Are you hoping it would chew on it? Stakes can be a bit woody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Nazi!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Something like this either? HERE

Maybe contact one of those agencies for the welfare of animals and report the owners

/AH response: BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!!

Have done, felt a bit bad after it though :( They left it out on its own all over xmas when they weren't there....xmas eve xmas eve night xmas day xmas night and stevens day & night..it was freezin and the dog has no shelter....its only one of those poodle type dogs, they're not meant to live outdoors they're not hardy enough

A friend used to sit in his bedroom and shoot the yappy dogs nextdoor to him with a pellet gun. They eventually learned to shut up.

Fixed it before you got there. And a :p to you!

:D

• Advertisement

Fixed it before you got there. And a :p to you!

:D

Ha! My quote says otherwise.

Ha! My quote says otherwise.

.... No you did!
    x infinity no come backsys!

/flees thread

You are right O King and Master
    /flees thread

You are forgiven.

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    Have done, felt a bit bad after it though :( They left it out on its own all over xmas when they weren't there....xmas eve xmas eve night xmas day xmas night and stevens day & night..it was freezin and the dog has no shelter....its only one of those poodle type dogs, they're not meant to live outdoors they're not hardy enough

I feel so sorry for the poor thing reading that :mad:
    Report it to the dog people again and insist it's neglected etc

either report it or kill it.. i put my sleep and sanity over the life of a dog yet i'd like for it to be taken care of by animal welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

play the old "kill it and leave it beside the road to look like an accident" game

Adventurous three some for the neighbours and poison cookies for the doggy. Time for that bitch to go the way of Old Yeller.

LOL :D Id prefer the other way round, poisonous cookies for the neighbours.............:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

BURN THEIR HOUSE DO.. oh never mind

Maybe you could call the dog wheesperer

bluewolf wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for the poor thing reading that :mad:
    Report it to the dog people again and insist it's neglected etc

I did, I rang them again today......I explained everything so hopefully something will be done soon. I stil dont know why they got the dog, and from what I can gather they still havent house trained her and thats why they wont let her in the house when they aren't there, and when they come home they leave her out till late and ignore her :mad: they have the dog three years....

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    BURN THEIR HOUSE DO.. oh never mind

Maybe you could call the dog wheesperer

Do you ceh szar meelann :pac: " its all about ze energie, ifff ze dog hass no got posotive energie, zen ze dog weell become ze leeder of ze pack" :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

ring the ispca ... hate owners that leave their dogs out all day like that too... nothing much you can do yourself unless phone the animal cruelty people and hopefully they will help you out.. best of luck anyways x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I rang the ISPCA once, they told me to go in to the neighbour and complain first, then I could get a form and fill it out, I cannot remember where it can be got or what it is called. The organisation will tell you though.

I didn't do that though, in the early hours of the morning I went to the back gate of next door, kicked it repeatedly shouting "STFU", this worked for a while, when they acted up again, it was the BB gun... That worked. I felt sorry for the dog, but the owners were tossers. They didn't give a damn. I am not advising you to use a BB fun, I suggest going to the ISPCA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I rang the ISPCA once, they told me to go in to the neighbour and complain first, then I could get a form and fill it out, I cannot remember where it can be got or what it is called. The organisation will tell you though.

I didn't do that though, in the early hours of the morning I went to the back gate of next door, kicked it repeatedly shouting "STFU", this worked for a while, when they acted up again, it was the BB gun... That worked. I felt sorry for the dog, but the owners were tossers. They didn't give a damn. I am not advising you to use a BB fun, I suggest going to the ISPCA :)

wait... BB gun on dog or owners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Whichever one you can run faster than.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

give the dog a bone :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Biggins wrote: »
    Something like this either? HERE
    The Dazer II emits a high frequency sound that is heard by dogs but not by most people.
    And for the people who can hear it, it's fúcking torture.
    I spent a whole summer being tormented by some piece of shít like that... sounding off every 3 seconds, 24/7 for about 5 months.
    It's worse than the yapping dogs... at least they sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I totally understand the annoyance a barking dog can bring. I've been through this twice. My first time was when my neighbour inherited an old westie from a sick relative....a yelping feckin' irritating nuisance of a creature. Anyway my wee fella was playing with my neighbours lad one day and said 'my mam hates your dog':o. Much to my embarrassment my neighbour said it to me over a cup of coffee, she said the dog was driving her mad too and she understood. The dog was given to someone else in her family, probably someone with stronger nerves.
    Then the neighbours on my other side appeared with another abomination of a barking yelping pain in the a*se dog. This time I spent the whole Summer in tears of rage, frustration and lack of sleep. This unfortunate dog was neglected, locked up all day in a tiny little shed with the top of the door missing, for air I presume. It turned out the neighbour I mentioned first, who had the westie, reported them to the ispca. The neighbours moved shortly afterwards, they were only a young couple renting, think they went travelling. I hope they don't come back!
    I often hear dogs barking, big dogs don't sound so annoying, their barks have a hollower sound but the sharp yelpy types are enough to drive a body mental:(!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:D Good man.. fcukin classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

If it really annoys you ,why not record the dog barking and then play it back to the dog.
    Maybe the fooker might get a fright and shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I recommend warfarin in a bit of dog food, its slow, bloody and deadly the way I like all my slaughtering to be:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Ann22 wrote: »
    I totally understand the annoyance a barking dog can bring. I've been through this twice. My first time was when my neighbour inherited an old westie from a sick relative....a yelping feckin' irritating nuisance of a creature. Anyway my wee fella was playing with my neighbours lad one day and said 'my mam hates your dog':o. Much to my embarrassment my neighbour said it to me over a cup of coffee, she said the dog was driving her mad too and she understood. The dog was given to someone else in her family, probably someone with stronger nerves.
    Then the neighbours on my other side appeared with another abomination of a barking yelping pain in the a*se dog. This time I spent the whole Summer in tears of rage, frustration and lack of sleep. This unfortunate dog was neglected, locked up all day in a tiny little shed with the top of the door missing, for air I presume. It turned out the neighbour I mentioned first, who had the westie, reported them to the ispca. The neighbours moved shortly afterwards, they were only a young couple renting, think they went travelling. I hope they don't come back!
    I often hear dogs barking, big dogs don't sound so annoying, their barks have a hollower sound but the sharp yelpy types are enough to drive a body mental:(!

Too much information!!:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The dog of course... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Sorry if I was boring. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

or fire a lump of pre-poisoned steak over the wall.

hope that's meant to be a bad joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    If it really annoys you ,why not record the dog barking and then play it back to the dog.
    Better to put it on repeat, turn up the volume, lock the door and go away for the weekend..... see how the neighbour likes it....:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Yap yap yap yap yap!!! Grrrrrrrr rrrr rrr rr YAPPP!!!! Rarrrrrr YAP YAP YAP YAP!!!

See, pretty annoying huh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

ahhhhhh the same thing has been happening at mine for the last six months. my bedroom faces onto the back garden, and the dog two doors down barks non-stop. YAP YAP YAP *pause* YAP YAP YAP *pause* YAP YAP YAP *pause*..... and so on. like seriously, what does it have to be barking at all day???

im going to brain the fcuking thing one of these days :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Get hold of the neighbours phone number and ring them up in the middle of the night,barking down the phone to them.See how they ****in like it!

F.uck off troll :rolleyes:

Boi boi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement