Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

android compatability with ipad

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

jeromeof wrote: »
    In theory yes, but in practice I think Galaxy Nexus is the only phone you can get with ICS on it and even a maddening number of Android phones announced (not even launched) at MWC last week were still going to have Gingerbread. There are lots of promises about upgrades later in the year for the high end phones, but this happened previously and I got so sick of waiting that I rooted the HTC phone I had at the time to get to Gingerbread. So, If you go down the rooting world you can get ICS (I have ICS on my second phone a Samsung Galaxy mini at the moment).

My point is people who were used to an Android phone having a Gingerbread (that the Android phone experience they know) and ICS is different (especially on a Tablet).

Not vastly different,

And yes obviously you will get differing opinions on anything as it is an open forum. I couldnt help reading your post as very apple sided rather than balanced.

I also use multiple tablets and devices on my day to day (software development) and The Ipads build quality is unquestionable. But you cannot compare some of archos's earlier models to it OR HTC models. They arent in the same category. So its a poor comparison and as pointed out your link to a thread that is 3 months old is light years in terms of technology and updates.

I also dont by the prime has a gimmicky keyboard. It is an extremely solid tablet, and the build quality is spot on.

The biggest thing i can personally fault apple on is the lack of visibility / lack of functional multi tasking and the requirement to purchase accessories to plug in the most basic of sd card devices. (the cloud doesnt work in the real world of my DSLR). By the by i encourage people to go out and feel for themselves and actually note down what they want the tablet to actually do for them. Without automobile analogies. And not buy on brand alone.

Advertisement