Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would this study at home course be any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes fine. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Depends. Is is something your interested in.

If yes, then it's great!

If no, then it's crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

You'll never become a doctor with just those courses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Hey OP,

From what ive heard, CMIT dont give any qualifications.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Hey OP,

From what ive heard, CMIT dont give any qualifications.........

Ha? So what do I get after I complete the home study course?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭UnderpantsGnome

Stage 1: Complete CMIT courses

Stage 2: ???

Stage 3: PROFIT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Overblood wrote: »
    Ha? So what do I get after I complete the home study course?
    An invoice?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,332 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

doubt you'd get a job after doing them, you'd be way over qualified for the Indo....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

No.

Would this kite be any good?

http://www.hiflykites.co.za/free-kite-guides/kite-flying-manual/stunt-kite-flying.JPG

I like this game. :pac:

doubt you'd get a job after doing them, you'd be way over qualified for the Indo....:pac:

I don't expect a job after it. Just something to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Hey OP, I'm doing a CMIT diploma in photography and it's a waste of money. Spelling errors everywhere, it's printed wrong - each assignment says Diploma in Psychology not Photography. The theory of it is old, nowhere near current. The assignments are very vague. I've had it near a year and me and my friend who is also doing it can barely bother to bring ourselves past the 5th assignment because it just feels like a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP, I like your style. Most journos wait until they have a job before they ask
    Boardsies their opinions or to do their work for them ;)

Hey OP, I'm doing a CMIT diploma in photography and it's a waste of money. Spelling errors everywhere, it's printed wrong - each assignment says Diploma in Psychology not Photography. The theory of it is old, nowhere near current. The assignments are very vague. I've had it near a year and me and my friend who is also doing it can barely bother to bring ourselves past the 5th assignment because it just feels like a waste of time.

Jaysus! That's unforgivable! I was even thinking about that photography course myself.

I'll be wary from now on. Does anybody know any other home-study "colleges"? Something like Open University where I can do a course on writing/journalism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,123 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I thought that if you wanted to be a journo, you only needed a few basic qualifications, like an 80 a day fag habit, an endless supply of Jack Daniels, and the ability to type with one finger on a 1947 Remington type-writer. You've also got to be a dirty, foul-mouthed lying bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I thought that if you wanted to be a journo, you only needed a few basic qualifications, like an 80 a day fag habit, an endless supply of Jack Daniels, and the ability to type with one finger on a 1947 Remington type-writer. You've also got to be a dirty, foul-mouthed lying bastard.

You're thinking of TDs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,123 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ClioV6 wrote: »
    You're thinking of TDs.

I think it covers a multitude of sinners..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Where's Dudess at a time like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Here I be!

OP, just think up some ideas... better yet actually write sample pieces - then submit them to papers/magazines.
    If you're a good writer, that'll do the talking for ya. :)

Advertisement