Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will my website be up soon or am I missing a step

Options
  • 12-04-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

I just ftp'd all the files/folders for my new website to the root directory using the host/username/password that digiweb gave me.
    I've registered a domain with them, went into their control panel and added the domain that I have registered. If I go to domain info I can see my domain.

If I type the address into the address bar it can't be found, am I missing a step or will it just take time for the DNS to pick it up :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

DNS can take up to 24 hours to propagate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

T-K-O wrote: »
    DNS can take up to 24 hours to propagate

Thanks, so it sound like I have it all covered in my steps above? Just a case of waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Can't help you there but I work with and know that DNS takes time to propagate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

colly10 wrote: »
    I just ftp'd all the files/folders for my new website to the root directory using the host/username/password that digiweb gave me.
    I've registered a domain with them, went into their control panel and added the domain that I have registered. If I go to domain info I can see my domain.

If I type the address into the address bar it can't be found, am I missing a step or will it just take time for the DNS to pick it up :confused:

Digiweb probably have a way of checking the website without using the registered domain.

It would be something like yourusername.digiweb.ie or maybe www.digiweb.ie/yourusername

Check their support pages. You can then verify that the website is working fine independent to the domain registering.

Advertisement