Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giro d'Italia Stage 11 – May 21st, Collecchio - Savona 249km **Unmasked Spoilers**

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Good man Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

*gasp* did Matt Stephens just take a selfie! :eek:

Seriously though, good attack by Rogers, happy for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Im sure mr tinkoffs ego will be taking the credit for that win

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

neris wrote: »
    Im sure mr tinkoffs ego will be taking the credit for that win

He'll probably be on the podium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Fantastic ride by Rodgers...good that the team got something for all their efforst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Shakakan

godtabh wrote: »
    He'll probably be on the podium

...decked out in jersey and shorts ...a la John Terry

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Shakakan wrote: »
    ...decked out in jersey and shorts ...a la John Terry

He did that yesterday. Followed the peloton down on his bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Adrian Malori. No back-slapping, please.

BoKyXoSIAAAtGE2.jpg

This is a tough GT.

godtabh wrote: »
    He did that yesterday. Followed the peloton down on his bike.

And from the pictures i saw the roads were still closed so he must have been riding behind the peloton ???

I dunno....for all the money in the world I could not put up with that man...quite frankly I feel sorry for Bjarne Riis :D....might be karma :pac:

Nasty. Looks like he lost his computer as well

• Advertisement

Adrian Malori. No back-slapping, please.

BoKyXoSIAAAtGE2.jpg

This is a tough GT.

And is is/was a favorite for tomorrow's TT

MPFG wrote: »
    And from the pictures i saw the roads were still closed so he must have been riding behind the peloton ???

I dunno....for all the money in the world I could not put up with that man...quite frankly I feel sorry for Bjarne Riis :D....might be karma :pac:

They way I read it was that he followed the second (third?) support car down following the peloton.

He loves cycling almost as much as himself from what I can see. Fair play. He is a character. I challenged him to the Evil 200. Dont think he is up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

He was probably on Roches bike the other day :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Orica-GreenEdge are starting to look a bit thin on the ground... down to 5 riders.

151. SANTAROMITA Ivan
    152. DURBRIDGE Luke (Stage 11)
    153. HEPBURN Michael
    154. LANCASTER Brett (Stage 7)
    155. MATTHEWS Michael (Stage 11)
    156. MEYER Cameron (Stage 8)
    157. DOCKER Mitchell
    158. TUFT Svein
    159. WEENING Pieter

Fantastic ride today

GEORG PREIDLER ‏@PREIDI 23m
    Proud to be up front with my fathers Ring on my necklace! He showed me how to fight till the end! #3monthstoday #cancer

Hereyou are ...Oleg in on the act

Hereyou are ...Oleg in on the act

oh to be a multi billionaire

And he started by selling jeans he bought while at cycling races and imported them illegally in Russia and sold on black market???

If I were a millionaire I would buy a cycling team also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Reading Roche's giro diary, it seems that having Mouray in the group caused all the problems. He was 7 mins down and the peloton weren't happy to let him away. The break started fighting and were doomed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

My knowledge of Tinkoff is entirely superficial but, good to see he unashamedly enjoys being part of - maybe too part of - the team he's paying for. Bit of an antidote to the po-faced seriousness that can surround sport. . . . Bradley Wiggins for instance recently saying the Tour of California was Sky's biggest focus for the season after the TdF - because of the impact this might have on the Murdoch family business in US exposure.
    Yeah, right on Bradley, go Team Sky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Oleg signed himself up as a rider on his first team.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/an-interview-with-oleg-tinkoff
    For Tinkoff that romance has been rekindled with the development of a team sponsored by the Tinkoff chain of restaurants. And a strange twist of the tale he'll be the first team manager/owner to ride races with his young charges, most of whom could be his sons. It's a reflection of the discipline Tinkoff possesses that he's ridden himself into shape to ride with some of Russia's most talented young riders - no small task at all.

Mad, vain & admirable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

pelevin wrote: »
    Mad, vain & admirable!

Thanks enough about me what about tinkoff?

Thanks enough about me what about tinkoff?

At least equally mad.

Advertisement