Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StringBuilder substring and reverse

Options
  • 08-04-2013 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

Can anyone write me a Java method that takes a substring of a string, reverses it and prints the outcome?

I'm guessing a StringBuilder is better than String but my issue is StringBuilder.substring() returns a String. To continue using StringBuilder I'd need to create a new StringBuilder object to do the StringBuilder.reverse() part.

Anyone a better solution to this?
    public static void main(String[] args) {
        	StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder("abcdefgh");

sb = new StringBuilder(sb.subSequence(2, 5));

sb.reverse(); 
        	System.out.println(sb.toString());
        }

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Would any of these help you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Mort5000 wrote: »
    Would any of these help you?

Thanks. I used StringBuilder: subSequence and reverse.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Huh, isn't that what you had in your OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Huh, isn't that what you had in your OP?

It was for a test and the test turned out to be different. I sas asked to turn hannah into nahhan. So I just needed subsequence and append.

Advertisement