Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wheels on the bus (that follows the athesist bus) go round and round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

"I still love you" - God.
    How sweet :)

"I think it's offensive to Christians" - seriously, suggesting that you don't have to have the exact same beliefs as another group of people is offensive now?
    To quote Stephen Fry on people who say they are offended by such things, "So what?!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

"God still loves you"

Yeah, because that is the problem with atheism, we just haven't heard the Christian sound bites yet :p:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

One of the comments in the blog has the right solution: Hire a mobile billboard to follow around the truck following the bus. It could become a debate on wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

I think it's an insult to christianity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

"I still love you" - God

Brilliant, so I don't need to bother with any of that praying or church crap and I still won't go to hell!

Thanks, Christians!

(poor, dumb suckers...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

FruitLover wrote: »
    Brilliant, so I don't need to bother with any of that praying or church crap and I still won't go to hell!

God loves you sooooo much but will send you to be tortured for eternity unless you pretend to believe in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

liamw wrote: »
    God loves you sooooo much but will send you to be tortured for eternity unless you pretend to believe in him.

Yes, he sends you to his worst enemy Satan to be tortured! (why?)

I thought the original plan was for just 2 people who would live forever, there should have been no need for heaven or hell? Then when Adam 'n' Eve did their badness, they had to die, so I guess God then created heaven and hell (as an afterthought). Why the supreme being of the universe then put Satan in charge or the torturing has always escaped me, maybe as a PR exercise, as you state above, him personally torturing billions of souls for eternity mightn't sit well with the whole God of love thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

pH wrote: »
    Yes, he sends you to his worst enemy Satan to be tortured! (why?)

I thought the original plan was for just 2 people who would live forever, there should have been no need for heaven or hell? Then when Adam 'n' Eve did their badness, they had to die, so I guess God then created heaven and hell (as an afterthought). Why the supreme being of the universe then put Satan in charge or the torturing has always escaped me, maybe as a PR exercise, as you state above, him personally torturing billions of souls for eternity mightn't sit well with the whole God of love thing.

I don't think Satan actually does the torturing. At least, from reading Revelations I got the impression that he ends up being tortured along with everyone else. Though I could be wrong.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

pH wrote: »
    I thought the original plan was for just 2 people who would live forever, there should have been no need for heaven or hell? Then when Adam 'n' Eve did their badness, they had to die, so I guess God then created heaven and hell (as an afterthought).
    Well, in the OT, heaven and hell didn't really exist, even as bland threats. Since souls were not held to exist either before birth or after death, heaven and hell had no particular uses. That's why the god of the OT was such a bastard to living people, rather than the god of the NT who is a bastard to the dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

As so often is the case Christians are an insult to Christianity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

God loves you sooooo much but will send you to be tortured for eternity

It truly is a love-hate relationship.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

If 'christianity' wishes to take it as an insult, that's hardly our problem.

Advertisement