Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey: Folio Map, Certificate of Compliance and Declaration of Identity

Options
  • 27-07-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a pre purchase house survey done.

Was talking to some house surveyors and some say you need to check all of the above(Certificate of Compliance and Declaration of Identity) while other say you don't need too.

Anyone got any idea what's really needed for a house survey?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Could a Mod move this thread to the Construction & Planning forum if possible.

I probably should of posted it there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is the house brand new/second hand/old?

Maybe some more detail and location required.

kceire wrote: »
    Is the house brand new/second hand/old?

Maybe some more detail and location required.

It was built in 1989, three bed detached in an estate.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

are you buying or selling? because its the vendors responsibility to get those ducks in a row.

whereas a purchaser gets a "pre purchase house survey" done

sydthebeat wrote: »
    are you buying or selling? because its the vendors responsibility to get those ducks in a row.

whereas a purchaser gets a "pre purchase house survey" done

I'm buying.

It was actually just one surveyor who said I should get all them checked.

Should I not get the folio map for the surveyor so he can check the boundaries?

Who checks the vendor has all the ducks in a row, my solicitor?

• Advertisement

I'm buying.

It was actually just one surveyor who said I should get all them checked.

Should I not get the folio map for the surveyor so he can check the boundaries?

Who checks the vendor has all the ducks in a row, my solicitor?

Yes exactly.
    That's why they get paid the big bucks ;)
    They should organise to get the boundaries checked.

Yes exactly.
    That's why they get paid the big bucks ;)
    They should organise to get the boundaries checked.

Will leave it to solicitor so, hope she still checks them as I told her surveyor was looking for all those documents :)

Talked to my solicitor today and she said its up to the surveyor to check the boundaries not her.

Is this normal?

Talked to my solicitor today and she said its up to the surveyor to check the boundaries not her.

Is this normal?

It's up to her to arrange that the boundaries are correct, not you!

It's up to her to arrange that the boundaries are correct, not you!

Cheers sydthebeat,

She was quite clear it was the surveyors job not hers.

I will talk to her again tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Cheers sydthebeat,

She was quite clear it was the surveyors job not hers.

I will talk to her again tomorrow.

any solicitors i know are the ones who organise to get boundaries checked during the conveyancing procedure. im not say they themselves physically go on site, built they organise the surveyor, architect, engineer etc to check areas, boundaries etc as its part of the legal conveyancing procedure.

the vendor should be providing a cert of identity anyway, and maybe has already. which declares that the property on the ground corresponds to that on the folio map. but sometimes a vendor wouldnt have one, or refuse to provide one, therefore the costs are borne by the purchaser and you should be told this.

if your solicitor isnt doing this for you she should be upfront with what aspects of the procedure she is not covering.

it may be teh case thats shes new to this and doesnt know anyone who provides teh service

any solicitors i know are the ones who organise to get boundaries checked during the conveyancing procedure. im not say they themselves physically go on site, built they organise the surveyor, architect, engineer etc to check areas, boundaries etc as its part of the legal conveyancing procedure.

the vendor should be providing a cert of identity anyway, and maybe has already. which declares that the property on the ground corresponds to that on the folio map. but sometimes a vendor wouldnt have one, or refuse to provide one, therefore the costs are borne by the purchaser and you should be told this.

if your solicitor isnt doing this for you she should be upfront with what aspects of the procedure she is not covering.

it may be teh case thats shes new to this and doesnt know anyone who provides teh service

Thanks sydthebeat appreciate it.

Advertisement