Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.5m Gold Plated SCART lead in Argos for 2.49

Options
  • 09-08-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Just got a couple of these SCART leads in Argos for 2.49 each. Good for older equipment without HDMI connctors.

Very happy with them, much better than the cheapo cables they replaced. Gold plated connectors and very well shielded, quite thick cables. Eliminated the hum I could hear with lower quality cables.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

I didn't expect to notice any difference compared to the standard scart cables, but indeed this cable improved the sound/picture quality of my satellite box.
    Thanks again OP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Will this improve the picture on an xbox 360 that doesn't have HD support.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

You will see an improvement if your current scart cable is a poor quality one. For 2.49 it is worth to try anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

i never saw in putting gold on the scart/hdmi leads, it look like more of a gimick

but for 2,50 you can never go wrong ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Scart carries an analogue signal so a good cable will make a difference somewhat (although I did have one guy who was sourcing cables for my surround sound try to sell me scart cables for 29 euro a pop... quite literally lol'd at him).

It's digital signals that it doesn't matter with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

xbox doesnt use a standard scart cable.

The "xbox Component lead" (5 plugs) is cheap and will improve the quality greatly over the "three plug" one that came with older nonhd models - as long as your tv can accept it.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement