Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desire Camera Blur

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

JustinOval wrote: »
    Where did you get it? Online price is €179 but some have reported €99 in shop.. (bill pay)
    Yup €99 on Connect €25.

Not for me exactly, it's an upgrade for my father. But he's left it to me to get it all set up and for me to install some apps e.t.c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Yup €99 on Connect €25.

Not for me exactly, it's an upgrade for my father. But he's left it to me to get it all set up and for me to install some apps e.t.c.

CPW or Meteor shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

CPW or Meteor shop?
    CPW, I think they sell it cheaper (Somehow) than Meteor themselves. I went in expecting to pay €179 so it was a nice surprise.

If you're wondering about what I think of the phone relative to the Desire check out this thread
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055996876

lafors wrote: »
    I'm in work so wont get to send it in this week. I bet it'll be the same as you, send it to the UK :(

Have you sent yours yet?

I sent mine a week ago today, it arrived on Monday (GLS tracker), and confirmed (after making an enquiry) yesterday but told it will take up to another 7 working days to repair... :rolleyes:

In the meantime I'm using a Nokia 3120, it's ridiculous. :pac:

Just got this update-
    Your phone is ready for pick-up. Our customer service representatives or express delivery staff will contact you about a delivery schedule to return your HTC phone.

Doubt I'll have it back before the weekend... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Just got this update-

Doubt I'll have it back before the weekend... :rolleyes:

You get it back yet.
    I've been away with work so still haven't sent mine.

lafors wrote: »
    You get it back yet.
    I've been away with work so still haven't sent mine.

No. :mad:

Repair confirmed and 'Your device is ready to be sent back to you, that menas in shortly you will receive it back.' (sic) A week ago tomorrow.

I contacted them and they just said it's on the way. :rolleyes:

Still sitting in the repair centre with no signs of moving. :mad:

I seem to have this problem but it appears to be a dirty/greasy/scratched back cover causing it.

I took the back cover off my Desire and took a picture and compared it to the same picture with the cover on.

• Advertisement

ronoc wrote: »
    I seem to have this problem but it appears to be a dirty/greasy/scratched back cover causing it.

I took the back cover off my Desire and took a picture and compared it to the same picture with the cover on.

Thanks, but it is 100% a hardware issue.

Those pics are really clear BTW, how are they in normal use - daylight with the subject 10 yards or more away?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Those pics are really clear BTW, how are they in normal use - daylight with the subject 10 yards or more away?

Heres one that I took a couple of weeks ago from a distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Heres one that I took a couple of weeks ago from a distance.

Really good quality on those pictures Mick, any chance you could post your settings. Is it the stock camera your using, Camera FX or Vignette? I cant get anything near that quality with mine.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Really good quality on those pictures Mick, any chance you could post your settings. Is it the stock camera your using, Camera FX or Vignette? I cant get anything near that quality with mine.

How do yours look? Lens cover on and off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

The brother and I bought desires about 6 weeks ago and noticed the picture quality getting worse. Looking ito it we seen the the lens on the rear covers have got a weird frosty pattern on them, very much like this

• Advertisement

Chet T16 wrote: »
    The brother and I bought desires about 6 weeks ago and noticed the picture quality getting worse. Looking ito it we seen the the lens on the rear covers have got a weird frosty pattern on them, very much like this

Polish it out with Brasso, or a CD cleaner.

Polish it out with Brasso, or a CD cleaner.
    The alternative to brasso is buff the plastic with a bit of toothpaste and a cotton bud and clean off afterwards.

My camera is now back to the way I bought it. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

aaronm13 wrote: »

Stock camera app. I don't know enough about settings to change them. The only setting I know about is to use 5M Resolution and Widescreen (5:3).

I'm on Froyo (don't know if that makes any difference) but the pics seemed pretty much the same on 2.1 anyway.

Just got mine back a few minutes ago, camera is really clear and crisp again. Will upload pics later, after I downgrade, root and reload my backup... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Just out of curiosity, did you unroot before you sent it back?

• Advertisement

Yes, didn't want to risk sending it as it was, even though they wipe before carrying out any repairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Mine is out for delivery should have it back in the next few hours.
    I've been out of the country with work so only got to send it off the friday before last. They received it last Monday afternoon and sent it back via DHL yesterday afternoon so 7 days.
    Will post up a pre & post photo when I get it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Davidos12

Hi registered on here just to show you my photo's as most of the time the pictures are washed out and overexposed but now and again you can catch some good shots so i think its really hit and miss with the camera.

All pictures taken within minutes of each other, one the usual rubbish i then get 2 good ones.

Rubbish
    IMAG0025.jpg

Why cant it be like this all the time
    IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

Nice pics. The lighting is very different in the first one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Davidos12

Nice pics. The lighting is very different in the first one...

Taken from the same spot just turned 80 degrees. I dont think there is an issue with the camera other than it likes some lighting situations alot better than others. Forget trying to get a decent indoor night shot for instance, not been able to catch 1, but in the right light you can get some good pics.

Shame really as phone is very good just a little let down by the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭kgt272

Posted here last week regarding blurry pictures on the desire hd. I have seen 2 more hd's one in a mobile shop and the other from a workmate and same issues are there - impossible to get non blurry picture when there is even the slightest of movement! That's 3 phones all the same! Other desire hd owners must have the same problem! Is capable of fantastic shots but there has to be ideal lighting no movement in the picture and a very steady hand which is a bit unrealistic to say the least!

Also tried the hard reset and this made no difference at all!:mad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

Not sure if you've sorted the issue or not but I'll add to the thread anyway. The blurryness is actually caused by the plastic lens cover. Pop it out and you should notice a massive difference. Not sure if I can post links to other forums here, so just google "How to dramatically improve your camera (picture and video) quality" and click the first link

Advertisement