Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Laois v Dublin

• 03-03-2012 11:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Should be a good match. Anyone got any links to watch this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Should be a good game.I am going down to this this evening.

I would expect us to win but we won;t get anything easy down there.Laois play their best football in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

what are they charging into O'Moore Park tonight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

13 euro for stand or terrace. Does anyone subscribe to flashsportstreams? Do they have Setanta Ireland or just setanta sports 1? This match is on Setanta Ireland tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,196 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I know Laois play great football in the league but I fear Dublin will be WAY too strong for them. Might try streaming this should be an interesting match up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Hats off to O'Gara played brilliantly tonight and he must of worked his socks off in training.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Hats off to O'Gara played brilliantly tonight and he must of worked his socks off in training.

Yeah, fair play to him. Great game by Connolly too.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Great display by O'Gara, about time he had a day when everything stuck to him, but to also finish off left and right and get a goal was fantastic. Connolly continued where he left off also with some great scores off both feet also.

Overall though we kept Laois in it bynot finishing them off quickly enough in second half when it looked like we could score at will but shot selection could have been a lot better. We then lost discipline and let a couple of bad Laois fouls niggle us and reacted to it, which on another day could have led to us losing a man or two with Laois having got away with two serious fouls to start all the trouble. We have to be ready for those antics and keep the head, it's a long season.

O'Gara did well to not react though to a few off the ball attempts to get him too, especially the one in the last couple of minutes with the Laois keeper trying to get him in trouble for standing his ground when being charged. At least the umpires had seen it and the defender got the card not O'Gara.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I enjoyed the game, good support from both counties, i could not believe the difference in O'Gara, only one of his shots was a a welly.

Anyone know why Clancy was taken off for Laois, I thought he was having a good game at FF, I think the Dublin back line struggle with a big target man, I also think Dublin need a target man too, Saturday nights display from O'Gara aside (hopefully he can produce this type of form in the summer when conditions are less favourable )

Connelly has played well in all 2.5 games this year IMHO, he looks to have held his condition better than most, as has Brennan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yellow121 wrote: »
    13 euro for stand or terrace. Does anyone subscribe to flashsportstreams? Do they have Setanta Ireland or just setanta sports 1? This match is on Setanta Ireland tonight.

It has Setanta Ireland as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Few Pics I took @ the game,

WP_000631.jpg
    WP_000632.jpg
    WP_000634.jpg
    WP_000633.jpg

Really enjoyed the Match, quality of play was very good considering it was played in such poor weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Stoner wrote: »
    Anyone know why Clancy was taken off for Laois

Hamstring according to the papers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

thanks, i saw that on Setanta later on, I think the Dublin back line struggles against the big full forwards, they may have addressed a lot of the guys who run through the defence but still a little dodgy under the dropping ball IMHO. O'Gara looked good on the TV too. Munnelly had a fair shout for man of the match I think, he looked like he half went for that goal in contrast to the write ups the next day that suggested it was a fluke.

Advertisement