Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish higher level paper 2 content?

Options
  • 04-03-2011 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm wondering could someone answer a couple of questions I have regarding the stuff that can come up on higher level Irish paper 2 because I have a lousy teacher who hasn't talked to us about it and our pre paper is on Wednesday. :eek:

For question 1 - A (Prós ainmithe), what can come up?

For question 2, do you only have to do 1 section (A, B, C, or D)?

For question 3 - A (Filíocht ainmithe), what poems can come up?

For question 3 - B (Dánta dualgais breise), what can come up?

Any help would be really appreciated because our teacher has left us in a bad position and I don't really know what to study for paper 2. :(

Thanks guys.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

i don't fully understand what you mean by what could come up. is it the names of the stories/poems you're looking for... or the type of questions that they ask? and for q.2 it depends what you studied. I did Maidhc Dainín, and i know that An Triail is another choice. you also have to do stair na gaeilge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

I mean the name of the poems/stories. SNG isn't really a problem because I have notes for that section. I just need a list of all the poems/ stories.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Seems like you have an excellent teacher then eh? :P

Ordinary Level Poems (but you still have to do them in higher level):

Bímse buan ar buairt gach ló
    Níl aon Ní
    Jack
    Gealt?
    Faoiseamh a gheobhadsa

Higher Level Only poems:

Dá mbfhéidir arís dár gcumann
    Maigdiléana
    An Mháthair
    Dán do Mhelissa
    Úircheall an Chreagáin
    An t-Oileán
    An Chéad Dráma
    Oíche Nollaig na mBan

Stories:

Cearrbhach mac Cába
    Fiche blian ag fás (dírbheathaisnéis)
    An Bhean Óg or Coileach Ghleann Phádraig
    Clare sa Spéir or Lá Buí Bealtaine
    Lig sin i gCathú

And the big play or story you studied

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭resistantdoor

brian93 wrote: »
    And the big play or story you studied
    :D

Thanks for the help. It kind of depressed me though because there's 6 of them we still haven't touched :(.
    Also that "big play of story you studied"? We got a 2-page hand-out on it! And that didn't even have notes on it. It just had a synopsis of the story. :mad: I hate having sh^t teachers. So unfair :(

Advertisement