Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Marines : Mission Afghanistan Channel 5

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

Border rat and his sock puppet mathepac only come on to troll.

Have a mod check my IP address. I have but one account. :)

I should make it a point to keep closer attention to anything involving the British military... On with the Mod hat.

Warning for that one, Mr Watson. Insulting another member.

Now, to the heart of the matter.

1) The thread is being left open because the show is still running.

2) I don't give a crap who supports what. I give a lot of leeway, but if I see another post on this thread not directly relevant to the episode, there's a ban coming.

3) I am getting a little tired of posts which take every opportunity to dig at various militaries, the British in particular. They may be within the legal letter of the forum charter, but the mods are entrusted to ensure the smooth and enjoyable use of the forum for its intended purpose, which is decidedly not political. As a result, I am going to enact a Boards/Military version of UCMJ Art 134, the prohibition on acts prejudicial to good order. This will take effect as soon as the forum charter gets changed, the process for which I am going to start at this point. It's been a few years since the last update anyway.

NTM

In effect, a rule installed forbidden criticism of Anglo-American/Zionist military, as the moderator has all but admitted. An amen corner on the horizon due to the moderators incapability to accept alternate opinion. In fact, this politicizes your sub-forum. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

I will ignore the troll. Anyone see last nights programme ?

I throught it was pretty good.

I will ignore the troll. Anyone see last nights programme ?

I throught it was pretty good.

I watched it, however the content of the show was political in nature. According to Manic Moran, this is deemed inappropriate for discussion. The theme of that show was winning hearts and minds. As the Taliban control the whole Country and its infrastructure, I would say that they have failed in that pursuit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

Border-Rat wrote: »
    I watched it, however the content of the show was political in nature. According to Manic Moran, this is deemed inappropriate for discussion. The theme of that show was winning hearts and minds. As the Taliban control the whole Country and its infrastructure, I would say that they have failed in that pursuit.

The Taliban/Pashtuns dont control the whole of the country. Where do you get this bs from ? A vast section of the country is northern alliance/Tajik and Uzbek.

The theme of the show was showing everyday life out on the ground for Royal Marines.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

In effect, a rule installed forbidden criticism of Anglo-American/Zionist military, as the moderator has all but admitted. An amen corner on the horizon due to the moderators incapability to accept alternate opinion. In fact, this politicizes your sub-forum. :p

Not at all. You may criticise at the appropriate time and with appropriate supporting facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Watched episode three last night; nice to get a look into the use of working dogs, although was interesting to see that the handlers try to keep a bit of detachment from them since they are "not pets". I had thought that dogs & their handlers were kept together rather than the dog simply passed from handler to handler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0225/politics.html

Thought of this thread.off topic

On topic.episode 4 was great.Those engineers do a great job with clearing mines. learning the language really helps.Alexander the great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

shezer wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0225/politics.html

Thought of this thread.off topic

On topic.episode 4 was great.Those engineers do a great job with clearing mines. learning the language really helps.Alexander the great :)

Sakandar Khan!

Quite the compliment I think (unless there is hidden derisory meaning for Afghans in it), although I'm sure the squaddies have given him a bit of stick over it in jest.

Was also interesting to see the difference in FET interaction from previous episodes where they were apparently welcomed; yet with the search that woman was clearly not a happy bunny from what the translation was saying whilst it was going on.

Watched episode 6 last night.Very good.Shows the lads after they get back.The injuries those IEDs cause are horrific.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

What the feck have the Shinners to do with a discussion on the RM in Afghanistan lads !!!

feeney92 wrote: »
    Ive missed the last 3 :( will have to find some way of watching them, were there many injured?

There were 3 men which he covered in the documentary.I won't say much more it will ruin it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

feeney92 wrote: »
    Ive missed the last 3 :( will have to find some way of watching them, were there many injured?

I dont like saying this but I actually cried when vicey hugged the guy who stood on this neck to stop the bleading and save his life

investment wrote: »
    I dont like saying this but I actually cried when vicey hugged the guy who stood on this neck to stop the bleading and save his life

It was quite an emotional scene alright. Moving stuff

Advertisement