Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Or maybe people just couldn't afford a ticket or travel?

Lets be honest, if there's one thing Celtic fans can't slag off Rangers fans for its attendances.

Why?

I'd imagine we've had higher average attendances than you guys over the last three years... and you guys won the title each of those three years.

Just checked the stats, we've a higher average attendance in 11 of the last 12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

How is that 15,000 less than than the usual attendace?? :confused: I didnt realise our average home attendance was 60,000

That's not what I said.
    I said that's it silly to comment on the Ibrox attendance dropping by a shocking 2.000 when you don't even fill your own ground after pretty much winning the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    That's not what I said.
    I said there's no use commenting on the attendance dropping by a shocking 2.000 when you don't even fill your own ground after pretty much winning the league.

enough show up to keep the bills paid.

That's not what I said.
    I said that's it silly to comment on the Ibrox attendance dropping by a shocking 2.000 when you don't even fill your own ground after pretty much winning the league.

The biggest call to arms in your history in order to save your club saw three thousand fewer fans than your previous game.

How many times has Ibrox been sold out this season? With a capacity of 10 less than us, and given you guys also struggle to fill your stadium, then you can't really comment on this either.

You're the one who brought up attendances, and then when I reply that you not only struggle to fill your stadium but have 15.000 empty seats, despite going for your first league trophy in 4 years 'I can't really comment' ?

• Advertisement

You're the one who brought up attendances, and then when I reply that you not only struggle to fill your stadium but have 15.000 empty seats, despite going for your first league trophy in 4 years 'I can't really comment' ?

That's all lovely.

Enjoy administration!

Summary of the RSA's meeting with the administrators:
    SUMMARY OF A MEETING WITH THE ADMINISTRATORS ON SATURDAY 3 MARCH 2012

1. Details of cuts to meet the £1m shortfall will be announced on Monday - new investors unlikely to want to inherit the current cost base of the Club - hence the need to implement the cuts.
    2. Liquidation is "unlikely" but can't be ruled out - a CVA far more preferable to liquidation as that puts at risk future European monies for a number of seasons.
    3. Pursuing the whereabouts of funds - focussed on what was promised by Craig Whyte in the Takeover document - "highly unlikely" Craig Whyte would be involved in the Club going forward.
    4. The contracts, security, legal charges and financing of the Craig Whyte takeover are all being challenged, however, any security Whyte has or had is not likely to be an impediment to a sale.
    5. The £3.6m ring-fenced from Collier Bristow is subject to legal claims from other parties as well as Rangers FC Plc.
    6. Good interest in acquiring the Club and criteria will be based on fully financing the acquisition and be able to sustain the business going forward.
    7. Key role for the Administrators is to put the business in a good state for acquisition.
    8. Big tax case not a key issue in the sense that liability will be part of the creditors share out - far example, if there is a pot of £20m to share out - each party will get a dividend whether the total liability is say £40 million or £100 million.
    9. Best way of contributing finance at the moment is through match-day sales - tickets, hospitality, catering, etc.
    10. Suspect that the Arsenal shares money is lodged in Pritchard Stockbrokers accounts - assets of that firm are now frozen by the FSA and it will require legal argument to recover.

Summary of the RSA's meeting with the administrators:

I asked questions previously on this thread but their consistently ignored.

How can you guys save £1m a month? That's £230,000 per week. That's 23 players getting paid £10k per week being let go.

Later today will be very interesting.

Bigger crowds 11 of the last 12 years pal... says it all, you're going into administration, your club is dying, you haven't filled your stadium to capacity once this season yet this is the kind of thing you're arguing about?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Later today will be very interesting.

662814-simpsons_homer_eating_popcorn_super.jpg

• Advertisement

Bigger crowds 11 of the last 12 years pal... says it all, you're going into administration, your club is dying, you haven't filled your stadium to capacity once this season yet this is the kind of thing you're arguing about?!

You brought it up though, so don't give me that crap that I'm trying to shift the attention.

You're heading for the title and you can't even remotely fill yours, but I assume there's a reason for that too ?
    What is it this time, Mother's Day ?
    Carnival and fans dress up as green seats ?

As for the reason why nobody answered your question: Nobody knows.
    Most likely it will include letting several players go, but as to who and how many: All speculation.

Hopefully we know more today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

What is it this time, Mother's Day ?
    Carnival and fans dress up as green seats ?

lol what are you on about?

ColeTrain wrote: »
    lol what are you on about?

It's a running joke on Rangers message boards every time Celtic have low attendances, if I recall it came from a Celtic fan on the radio once trying to explain it by saying that most fans were out celebrating Mother's Day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

It's a running joke on Rangers message boards every time Celtic have low attendances, if I recall it came from a Celtic fan on the radio once trying to explain it by saying that most fans were out celebrating Mother's Day ;)

I doubt there'd be much of a dip attendances in either old firm ground on Fathers Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

The talk now is that there will be no redundancies made, just wage cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

poor work by the administrators if true, Rangers arent going to be a feasible investment without the costbase being reduced

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

bobmalooka wrote: »
    poor work by the administrators if true, Rangers arent going to be a feasible investment without the costbase being reduced

Poor work from what perspective? The administrators have to ensure that Rangers is a saleable club. They also have to save money. If they can do both without letting players go, that's bloody good work imo. Fair play to the players for accepting the cuts if true.

If the shoe were on the other foot, I'd be wanting Celtic administrators and the players to do exactly the same thing.

First I heard about that, where did you read it ?

Would be good if true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

First I heard about that, where did you read it ?

Would be good if true though.

According to Graham Spiers on twitter. Apparently if it goes through it would be only a month long arrangement. The Administrators are real milking this process, 3 weeks gone and they have done very, very little. Even this deal would just mean the club won't add any futher debt, it wouldn't even start to pay off the creditors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Those admins are proper useless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17221172
    Talk of a month long agreement.
    (High earners taking a 75% cut, Mid earners 50%, Lower earners 25%)
    Dempsey wrote: »
    Those admins are proper useless!
    Listening to people talk yesterday, there was a school of thought that Rangers are a more attractive proposition to buyers if they don't shed players - given that it will be more expensive to replace a number of players, rather than trim to fit when a new buyer comes in.

This would fit in with this month long agreement for two reasons.
    A) The administrators had asked the other day for interested parties to get in contact by march 16th.
    B) It keeps the squad intact for the Motherwell and Celtic games at the end of the month (Wether or not this is a good move, is up for debate!)

Paul Murray agreed with that, he said not letting any players go would be more itneresting to potential buyers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

3 weeks to come up with a month long wage reduction. Have they realised that Rangers is insolvent yet? :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

The begging bowl friendly lol..... ohh the dignity:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17260613

:D

PauloMN wrote: »
    The begging bowl friendly lol..... ohh the dignity:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17260613

:D

Really don't see any issue with that tbh - 2 clubs who need all the cash they can get, helping eachother out with a friendly.

Certainly no lack of dignity from either club - unless of course it's undignified to try and work your way out of these problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Hmmmm! Where would the game be played - would Rangers fans(those who could afford it)go to Portsmouth or Portsmouth to Ibroke?

Eirebear wrote: »
    Really don't see any issue with that tbh - 2 clubs who need all the cash they can get, helping eachother out with a friendly.

Certainly no lack of dignity from either club - unless of course it's undignified to try and work your way out of these problems?

You in serious mode today EB? ;)

No issue with it at all. I'm just enjoying the swing from succulent lamb to begging bowl, that's all. :)

As for dignity, well that's questionable. It's certainly not as undignified as accepting charity I suppose.

Madam wrote: »
    Hmmmm! Where would the game be played - would Rangers fans(those who could afford it)go to Portsmouth or Portsmouth to Ibroke?

'Those who could afford it' ?
    We played them a while ago in a pre-season, thousands of Bears made the trip ;)

I believe plans are in place to make it a two-game thing, one in Portsmouth, one in Glasgow.

And I don't think we have lessons to learn in dignity from 'Integrity FC' ;)

PauloMN wrote: »
    You in serious mode today EB? ;)

No issue with it at all. I'm just enjoying the swing from succulent lamb to begging bowl, that's all. :)

As for dignity, well that's questionable. It's certainly not as undignified as accepting charity I suppose.

I'll admit - the whole situation has made me a little Bi-Polar!

• Advertisement

And I don't think we have lessons to learn in dignity from 'Integrity FC' ;)

Too right you do, in the Finance Dept. among other places. :D

Advertisement