Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow Patrol to supprt U2???

• 09-02-2005 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Any truth in this?apparently on mtv news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Yeah it's true..

seee here
    http://www.nme.com/news/111313.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

looks like thats only the friday,it'l be interesting to see who gets the saturday support! either way its not too bad value for money with a decent support act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

I heard a remour that Scissor Sisters would be supporting on Sat and Sun(if it goes ahead...)

Glad im going on friday then

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Its The Killers and Snow Patrol both nights at the moment .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sharkman wrote:
    Where'd you hear The Killers are supporting?

King Of Leons are apparently also supporting.... or so NME says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Kings of Leon supporting in the states only.
    Snow Patrol must be playing Glastonbury on the Saturday thats why they won't be in Dublin.

What are Snow Patrol like live??I doubt the Killers will be playing when they are playing Oxegen.What about someone like the Frames or Paddy Casey who are normally brillant live!

The killers,snow patrol and u2 well that would just be class!i think the frames are cool but i think we have seen them enough - dont get me wrong they are brilliant live but they are always playing somewhere or other so something different needed

Yeah but have the killers been confirmed for the gig.Like to see them live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

They mention the Killers on www.u2.com but not confirmed about them yet.

sharkman wrote:

It's lookin like just Snow Patrol for the first Dublin date. The Killers are supporting them at other venues.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1329

Yeah i didnt think they would play at the U2 gig and Oxegen but there has got to be more then just Snow Patrol surely..Would have been great to see Killers live...oh well may go to Oxegen now.. :rolleyes:

lad12 wrote:
    What are Snow Patrol like live??I doubt the Killers will be playing when they are playing Oxegen.What about someone like the Frames or Paddy Casey who are normally brillant live!

I actually heard something about Paddy Casey being there. I wouldn't put any money on it yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

I actually heard something about Paddy Casey being there. I wouldn't put any money on it yet though.

My mate met Paddy in Virgin two weeks ago and said he was supporting them at Croker. Paddy could have been ripping the piss but I doubt it. My guess for the support lineup on Friday at least:

Paddy Casey
    Snow Patrol

anthonymcg wrote:
    Paddy could have been ripping the piss

A friend of a friend is in Paddys band and he said the same, so they were hardly both takin' the piss. Thanks for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

its true :)

and the band are still in talks to have The Killers support them in the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

no surprise, it would probably be easier at this stage to list any events that paddy casey is not showing up to, he's good but talk about overkill on the irish touring!

Advertisement