Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best coffee in the city?

Options
  • 02-10-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Always a personal preference of course but just wondering where people would recommend? Thankfully the quality of coffee being served up has come on a long way in recent years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bing_IRL

G-Counter, Wellpark should be a contender I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Define coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bing_IRL

Define coffee?

dear god, unfollowing thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What gordon means, I presume, is that some like dark roast, some with plenty milk and sugar, some with a squirt of syrup, etc etc
    I like lattes and usually get them from Pura Vida or Cafe Express. That said I'm just as happy with Topaz coffee from the pot (because I'm not a snob :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Define coffee?

That's a bit too philosophical for this time of day... ;)

Back on topic, I haven't found anywhere in Galway that has served me exceptional coffee. Cosmo Cafe (Augustine Street) is pretty good, as is Secret Garden (Sea Road).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Urban Grind, William Street West.

Define coffee?

tumblr_mjx5e945681qzsie3o1_r1_500.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

tesco_value_instant_coffee_granules.jpg

cd40d296b741aba5cc2fab8f908e9756.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moar suggestions please..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bing_IRL wrote: »

I would have had just about the opposite thought, has been bitter each time I've been there.

I like Mocha Beans on Cross St, and also Urban Grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

not in the city but Ryans in Roundstone do a mean coffee... he uses Dundalk-based GreenBean roasting company and he cleans his machine every night!.... his black coffee is gorgeous! i'm happy to drink instant as well but this stuff is the way coffee should be i reckon.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

I dare any of ye to go into a coffee shop and ask for coffee. Ye will get a blank star followed by the question what type of coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

The Coffee Hut, near McD's on the Headford rd. Do a really nice latte.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I dare any of ye to go into a coffee shop and ask for coffee. Ye will get a blank star followed by the question what type of coffee?

I will always assume Americano in this instance and have never been wrong. It happens quite a lot. I work in a cafe. I actually did this myself the other day to a waitress in another cafe, just asked for a coffee without specifying. Was kind of embarrassed with myself. But sure enough, she assumed Americano too, and all was well with the world.

The coffee in the Oslo is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

The coffee in the Oslo is nice.

And Stockholm too for that matter :)

The only place I'm willing to pay more than €2 for a coffee to go is from the machine in topaz- plus you get a free shot of hazelnut/vanilla / caramel.

And I love the Chai Latte in 'Pascal'

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

D Trent wrote: »
    And Stockholm too for that matter :)

oEhVvjZ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

Coffee in the market on the weekend. the small stall with the manual espresso machine.

Great coffee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Haven't tried any of the above, but have heard urban grind is good. Also a few people have mentioned Arabica.

Normally head for gourmet tart followed by Mr waffle, the creamery, and mocha. I avoid Arabica and anywhere that sell bewleys or puro ( I think it's called that) the fairtrade stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I drink decaf so am probably excluded from having a vote buy if people are looking for good decaf latte:

1. Mr Waffle
    2. G-Counter
    3. Insomnia
    4. Butlers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Butlers is very poor for the price you pay. Self service coffees at half the price are more flavoursome.

Provedance on Abbeygate Street do a great coffee. The Cellar is also good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Renzo, Cafe Express and The Cellar for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

KC Peaches on pearse st, near docks. Theres another KC one on Nassau st I believe.....Tink they use Java republic....sweet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Don't think we've streets by those names in Galway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Bing_IRL wrote: »

Seriously? I thought it was rank

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

KC Peaches on pearse st, near docks. Theres another KC one on Nassau st I believe.....Tink they use Java republic....sweet

Theres always one.

Theres always one.

Sorry but what exactly is that supposed to mean, fm, can't even post without a bogus smart reply...???

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Sorry but what exactly is that supposed to mean, fm, can't even post without a bogus smart reply...???

You're in the Galway forum.

• Advertisement

You're in the Galway forum.

Oops, ok. Lol. Feel a bit like Homer now. Ha

Advertisement