Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 22/09/14 *Spoilers / NOC Results*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Who is that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The Bunny?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Is that Justin Gabriel?

D.Q wrote: »
    Is that Justin Gabriel?

Yes. Who else looks like him?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking it couldn't be Darren Young as was suggested since could sometimes see his arms.
    Glad it isn't Zayn or one of those guys. Though wonder why it's Gabriel.

So with last night being the fallout show, you think we may see NXT guys next week?

Also can't wait for Watch to start airing Dean Ambrose Magician Impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Are Gabriel and Rose both South African? Maybe a new tag team is in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,874 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Brendão wrote: »
    Are Gabriel and Rose both South African? Maybe a new tag team is in the works.

I thought rose was English

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

rovert wrote: »
    Yes. Who else looks like him?

The Bunny:P

The show was good,maybe better than it would've been had Reigns not been injured.I wonder if Ambrose would've had a prominent role in the last two nights if Reigns was fully fit.Thought the complete lack of a world champ angle was strange,it'll be hard keep filling that gap in the coming weeks but they did it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

This Rusev gimmick is gettin very old very fast

I vote for Mr. America to come back and beat Rusev

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He's being built up for Angle to knock him down.

Oh it's true...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    He's being built up for Angle to knock him down.

Oh it's true...

And by Angle I assume you mean Cena. He never gives up... He'll prob plough through him in ten minutes as well.

Yes:
    ByP0DkfCMAE4SWx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I thought rose was English

His South African accent came through a bit more when he was Leo Krueger.

Glad to see they're doing something with Gabriel, though he's far too good looking to keep in a bunny suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Loughc wrote: »
    I assume you mean Cena. He never gives up... He'll prob plough through him in ten minutes as well.

Rusev will be hoping its not Cena, or he might end up like bray wyatt after the cena wrecking ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Rusev will be hoping its not Cena, or he might end up like bray wyatt after the cena wrecking ball.

Rusev would love to feud with Cena. His gimmick has a shelf life so getting a feud with the top guy in the company would be a huge boost for him and if anything would extend it's life.

I think he is great. Good matches too.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Rusev would love to feud with Cena. His gimmick has a shelf life so getting a feud with the top guy in the company would be a huge boost for him and if anything would extend it's life.

For the viewer its the worst thing that could possibly happen though

Looking forward to Rusev's dancing babyface run in six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I dont share your optimism, time will tell i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rusev will he grand. He can actually wrestle unlike some of the others who ended up comedy acts.

Plus he has a great valet.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Rusev will he grand. He can actually wrestle unlike some of the others who ended up comedy acts.

Plus he has a great valet.

Wrestling ability isn't always a saver if WWE decide they don't see you as part of a main story. Poor Sandow.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

need to stop giving him crap wrestlers (henry) and charisma vacuums (swagger) to wrestle against. If Reigns wasn't injured im sure they could have a great match. aside from that, theres not really one face I want to see him wrestle

oh hang on maybe Ziggler cos hes great at everything

Put him up against Rocky Sandowa

BMMachine wrote: »
    need to stop giving him crap wrestlers (henry) and charisma vacuums (swagger) to wrestle against. If Reigns wasn't injured im sure they could have a great match. aside from that, theres not really one face I want to see him wrestle

oh hang on maybe Ziggler cos hes great at everything
    Henry is a better wrestler than Reigns, no question

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CSF wrote: »
    Henry is a better wrestler than Reigns, no question

For someone who thrashes Bray Wyatt at every turn you've got some balls praising Henry at every turn. He's been rubbish for his near 20 years in WWE. Lumbering, slow and methodical. As great as it was, His thing with Cena was seriously probably the only thing from his whole run that was memorable outside of a hand being born. Never relevant.

Omackeral wrote: »
    For someone who thrashes Bray Wyatt at every turn you've got some balls praising Henry at every turn. He's been rubbish for his near 20 years in WWE. Lumbering, slow and methodical. As great as it was, His thing with Cena was seriously probably the only thing from his whole run that was memorable outside of a hand being born. Never relevant.

Henry is infinitely better than Wyatt in the ring so I don't know where you're going with that one. He is a guy who does the big guy wrestler thing better than all the other fulltimers at the moment. Knows how to work a match and make his opponent look super strong for having beaten him (obviously his role in the company is to put over his opponent rather than himself)

He is also unquestionably the best actor (promos, storytelling you name it) of the big guys, fulltime or otherwise.

It's also telling that after such a long career his music hitting still means business, (Cena, Lesnar, Rusev, all compelling tv with completely different angles) compared to Bray Wyatt who has had the same dull feud and promo for every opponent he has faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

A lot of Wyatt's critics would be silenced if the chap actually went and said something....frankly, anything, really.

I'd estimate 51% of his verbiage is 14 year-old slash writer's notion of profound. He has the act down, but when it comes to the biting power, the 'draw', for lack of a better expression, I've consistently found him lacking. It's just guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Omackeral wrote: »

Harsh.

At the very least his hall of pain run in 2010-2011 was fantastic on Smackdown.

He was pretty fun on ECW as well.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Harsh.

At the very least his hall of pain run in 2010-2011 was fantastic on Smackdown.

He was pretty fun on ECW as well.

He's been involved in so much good over his career, his longevity also so impressive. The sexual chocolate angle was obviously pretty terrible but if Bray Wyatt manages to etch half the career that Henry has he will be doing very very well.

So far as a singles competitor he has had a feud with Bryan that flopped and everyone just wanted to end, an abysmal match/feud with Kane that WWE preferred to abandon without mention than follow up on, poor matches with Cena, and an utterly forgettable feud/matches with Jericho to the point where he didn't even make the NOC card.

Advertisement