Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet-ups - How Often?

Options
  • 07-08-2014 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

The feed-back that I am getting is that there might be a better day and time for Dublin Meet -ups. I'll try and set up a poll to get peoples' preferences to see if Meet-ups can be more accommodating. We can leave the poll open for 2 weeks. Thanks. Not2Good (Previously Johnny Be Goode - Reincarnated)

What is the Best Day and time for Dublin Meet-ups 10 votes

Sunday - Afternoon (2pm)
    0%
    Sunday - Evening (8pm)
    0%
    Monday - After Work (6pm)
    10%
    Not2Good 1 vote
    Monday - Evening (8pm)
    0%
    Tuesday - After Work (6pm)
    0%
    Tuesday - Evening (8pm)
    0%
    Wednesday - After Work (6pm)
    0%
    Wednesday - Evening (8pm)
    0%
    Thursday - After Work (6pm)
    10%
    Not2Good 1 vote
    Thursday - Evening (8pm)
    0%
    Friday - After Work (6pm)
    10%
    Not2Good 1 vote
    Friday - Evening (8pm)
    20%
    La_GordyRachiee 2 votes
    Saturday - Afternoon (2pm)
    10%
    Loughc 1 vote
    Saturday - Evening (8pm)
    20%
    DramatikLoughc 2 votes
    Saturday - Morning (11am)
    10%
    Loughc 1 vote
    Sunday - Morning (11am)
    10%
    Loughc 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Have Your Say as to Preferred Meet-up Day and Time

How often do you think Dublin Meet-ups should be?

What other locations would you like to see Meet-ups in Ireland?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sunday - Morning (11am)
    I'd be interested in attending monthly meet ups, a month would give you the time to spread them out, pick and research good locations and get word of mouth going it also gives you time to reflect on the meet and things you could change and tweak to make the next one better.

Thanks for the feedback. It will be more successful where everyone has a say and I expect the polls and posted comments will help a lot....

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Not2Good I have merged all your posts and threads about meetups into one thread (at least I think I got them all! Please just keep queries like this to one thread only, otherwise its considered spam.

Oryx wrote: »
    Not2Good I have merged all your posts and threads about meetups into one thread (at least I think I got them all! Please just keep queries like this to one thread only, otherwise its considered spam.

Thanks for that. The 'Poll Creation' buttons would not let me (as far as I could see) put them all on one thread. Consolidating them makes it easier for everyone who is interest. Sorry if I inadvertently broke the rules.

There are three separate and different Polls. Yes, it would be great if they were under one thread so that people can access them with one click. Where are the other ones can you tell me please? Thanks

Not2Good wrote: »
    There are three separate / different Polls. Where are the other ones?

They were lost in the merge. One poll per thread.

I guess I should set them up again if the other two separate Polls are gone? Is that OK? Cheers

• Advertisement

No its not okay. Please dont open any more threads. One poll will do!

No problem, thanks for getting back to me on it anyway

So far Friday after work is most popular. Just don't bring your work-mates!

And how often would you say is right? One a week, every two weeks or monthly?

The meet ups will be starting up soon so please let us know what you want before the Poll closes 2pm this Thursday 21st. .... cheers

24 hours left for Poll tick tock, tick tock....!

10 More minutes left on this Poll! The more people who vote, the better we can organize the meet-ups. Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sunday - Morning (11am)
    Not much activity on the thread, not a good sign for potential meet ups.

Thanks for your feedback.

When the investigations start the meet-ups will be more popular.

Also, the main summer holiday season is nearly over and people can give the meet-ups more time. As you know, most societies' attendances pick up in September.

Open investigations are better anyway when it gets dark earlier. The Meet-ups give people have somewhere in the 'real world' to discuss the investigation and talk about their own experiences etc.

No doubt we will see you at Wicklow Gaol?!

And the Masses have spoken!

It looks like the most popular time/day for meet-ups is Friday afterwork and Saturday afternoons based on peoples' responses.

Thank you to all that voted.

Sunday - Morning (11am)
    Open investigations are better anyway when it gets dark earlier. The Meet-ups give people have somewhere in the 'real world' to discuss the investigation and talk about their own experiences etc.

No doubt we will see you at Wicklow Gaol?!

I really want to go but I don't drive so I won't be able to make that one too far down.
    And the Masses have spoken!

It looks like the most popular time/day for meet-ups is Friday afterwork and Saturday afternoons based on peoples' responses.

Thank you to all that voted.

Is that a fair result? I mean only 2 people selected the Friday Evening and 2 the Saturday afternoon. A new poll with just the Days should be created. I think the problem with this poll is you're offering too much choice. Don't give so many time options, let people settle on a day first, you're never going to please all of the people anyway.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I really want to go but I don't drive so I won't be able to make that one too far down.

Is that a fair result? I mean only 2 people selected the Friday Evening and 2 the Saturday afternoon. A new poll with just the Days should be created. I think the problem with this poll is you're offering too much choice. Don't give so many time options, let people settle on a day first, you're never going to please all of the people anyway.

That one went right over you head! Of course 5 people voting doesnt give a valid representation. But at least Four others gave their preference and bothered to vote. Thank you. Choosing best day only doesnt really help either nor would it have encouraged voting in my opinion.... !

Sunday - Morning (11am)
    Best of luck with the meet ups! Be sure to keep us all updated!

Just realised that my 'boards.ie' name pretty much describes the success of this poll! Ah well.....
    Loughc wrote: »

Sunday - Morning (11am)
    At least you tried! If there is ever a meet in Dublin I would def attend!

There have been three successful meet ups in Dublin this summer. Things will get going again in Sep before the Wicklow Gaol outing....

Sunday - Morning (11am)
    There have been three successful meet ups in Dublin this summer. Things will get going again in Sep before the Wicklow Gaol outing....

Great keep us updated.

Hopefully our meet ups will also encourage more established paranormal research teams to come along to discuss their approach to the paranormal, trying to focus on what they agree on rather than what they don't agree on.

Advertisement