Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMPACT! *Spoilers* From Bethlehem

Options
  • 20-09-2014 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Spoilers up to mid-November:

16th:
    Xplosion
    Crazy Steve defeated Robbie E.

Impact Wrestling

*X-Division champion Samoa Joe defeated Austin Aries via submission.

*MVP with Kenny King defeated Mr. Anderson with Chris Melendez.

*EC3 with Rockstar Spud defeated Eric Young.

*Havoc and TNA Knockouts champion Gail Kim battled to a no contest. During the match, Kim came off the ring apron, was caught by Havoc and slammed to the outside floor mat. The referee threw up the X sign and Kim was brought to the back. Not sure if this was legit or not because of what happened during the next show.

The Hardys, The Wolves, and Team 3D set up a Full Metal Mayhem match (TLC) match which will be taped this Friday.

*Manik with James Storm defeated Shark Boy. (Shell yeah!)

*Havok defeated Gail Kim for the Knockouts Title. Kim came back out with a heavily bandaged right shoulder. Not sure if that was an injury angle earlier setting up the title change or a legit injury which necessitated a title change.

*Madison Rayne, Angelina Love, and Taryn Terrell had a three way match. Rayne pinned Love.

*Sam Shaw lost to Bram in a Hardcore match. Brittany came out to check on Shaw after the match.

*James Storm and The Great Sanada defeated Low Ki and Tigre Uno in a great match.

*EC3 fired Rockstar Spud. Spud turned face, but then Brodus Clay came out an laid out Spud. Clay will obviously have a new name.

*Bobby Roode won a 2 on 1 Elimination match defeating first MVP by pinfall and then Kenny King by DQ when Lashley interfered. By stipulations of the match, Roode earned a future title shot by beating both men.
    17th and 18th:
    IMPACT Wrestling - September 17th (Partial Results)

* Tyrus (aka Brodus Clay) defeated Shark Boy.

* Bobby Roode won a four-way to become the top contender, beating Austin Aries, Jeff Hardy and Eric Young in what was said to have been a really good match.

* TNA Knockouts champion Havok defeated Madison Rayne.

* Samoa Joe defeated Gunner via submission. Samuel Shaw snapped and turned on Gunner.

IMPACT Wrestling - September 18th (Full Results)

* MVP and Kenny King cut a promo talking about a tag team tournament to be the new number one contenders.

* Samoa Joe and Low Ki defeated MVP and Kenny King. Joe submits King to advance.

* Bram cut a promo talking about Devon and Abyss. He calls out Magnus and they are united against their enemies. Devon comes out and talks about being near Philly and ECW. He says Bully isn't here, but brings out Tommy Dreamer. A brawl occurs. Dreamer and Devon stand tall.

* The Hardys defeated EC3 and Tyrus after multiple Twists of Fate and a Swanton on Tyrus.

* The Beautiful People defeated Madison Rayne and Taryn Terrell. Madison isn't helping at all. She always ends up away from the corner when Taryn tries to tag. Eventually, Rayne goes after TBP briefly, so she is not aligned with them, but takes out Taryn and walks out. TBP win.

* James Storm cut a promo talking about a storm coming. He wants to invite another and calls out Davey Richards. He talks about partners holding them back. Eddie Edwards tries to stop it and says there's no way Davey would do it. Davey gets angry and says he can speak for himself. This leads to a match.

* James Storm defeated Eddie Edwards. The story is that Davey is thinking about the offer at ringside, and is going back and forth. Their argument leads to Storm winning. No decision made.

* Bobby Roode defeated Lashley to win the TNA World Title. Kurt Angle is the special referee. Lashley dominates the match. During a Roode comeback, Lashley takes out Angle accidentally. Fighting outside, another accidental spear on a crew member. After slamming Lashley on the ramp, Roode gets a two count from a regular ref. Lashley does a low blow and tries using the belt, but the ref stops it. Angle is back in for a counting sequence. Roode gets the win with a rollup and becomes the new TNA champion. Great match.

* Samuel Shaw and Brittany cut a promo about turning on Gunner, and start making out. Gunner comes out and calls them "creepy bastards." Gunner and Shaw start brawling. Brittany helps out and they stand tall after a low blow. Shaw uses a hold while wearing gloves to put out Gunner. Shaw and Brittany make out to end the segment.

* TNA Knockouts champion Havok defeated Gail Kim. Brawling around ringside and on stage before the bell. Gail gets thrown off the stage. Medics are out and Borash was going to call it off, but Gail refused. Havok dominates the match, and she would have won by count out, but wanted to cause more damage. Gail starts getting some offense, but Havok cuts her off. Gail jumps off the top rope, but is caught in a chokeslam. Havok retains.

* Rockstar Spud cut a promo talking about his TNA career and talking down to EC3. "I don't need you anymore!" Borash talked about Spud slowly winning over everyone on British Boot Camp, and in TNA, and hugged him. EC3 comes out on the stage with Tyrus and says Borash and Spud owe everything to Dixie and him, respectively. EC3 gives Spud a chance to apologize. NO! Borash breaks them up, so EC3 decks him. EC3 and Tyrus beat up Spud until Eric Young makes the save with a chair. Great segment.

* Devon and Tommy Dreamer defeated Magnus and Bram in a hardcore match. The faces jump the heels. Total plunder, spitting drinks. Chairs and trash cans. Tower of doom. Bram goes through a table. Magnus uses a kendo stick. Dreamer does a low blow, several weapon shots, and a DDT on Magnus to get the win for his team.

* Kurt Angle comes out to welcome the new champion Bobby Roode. "I love pro wrestling. All I ever wanted was to be the best, and I am." Roode says he's proud to be standing here with a great man like Kurt Angle. Roode is about to leave, but MVP's group comes out. MVP says Roode manipulated the system to get the title and calls him a cheater. MVP says that he deserves the next title shot. Angle says MVP doesn't deserve it, but still lets Roode offer MVP the title shot. Roode vs. MVP is made for Friday's taping.

* The Hardys defeated Samoa Joe and Low Ki in the tag tournament finals. Hardys win following a Swanton and a Moonsault.

Xplosion
    * Mr. Anderson and Chris Melendez defeated the BroMans. Anderson wins via Mic Check.
    19th:
    * The Wolves defeated The Hardys and Team 3D in a Full Metal Mayhem. Great match. Everyone had to be helped by medical staff after the match.

* Samoa Joe vacates the X Division Title because he's not cleared to compete.

* Tyrus with Ethan Carter III defeated Eric Young with Rockstar Spud.

* Eric Young gets laid out by Bobby Lashley. Austin Aries makes the save.

* Gunner defeated Samuel Shaw in a No DQ match. Brittany interfered to help Shaw and accidentally dropped him on the way out.

* Austin Aries defeated Bobby Lashley by DQ when Lashley speared Aries outside of the ring.

* Taryn Terrell defeated Havok and Gail Kim in a triple threat to win the Knockouts Title. This was said to be a good Knockouts match. We're not sure if this airs on the November 12th episode or the November 19th episode.

* Crazzy Steve defeated Jesse Godderz in a match for Xplosion.

* Taryn Terrell's win over Havok and Gail Kim for the Knockouts Title may air on this episode of the November 12th episode, that wasn't confirmed.

* James Storm, Manik and The Great Sanada call out The Wolves to join them. Davey Richards turns Storm down and they attack The Wolves. This led to Storm cashing in his Feast or Fired title shot. Abyss came down and joined Storm's group. Storm and Abyss defeated The Wolves to win the Tag Team Titles.

* Chris Melendez vs. Kenny King ends when MVP attacks Melendez. Mr. Anderson makes the save.

* World Heavyweight champion Bobby Roode comes out and talks about how Bobby Lashley is trying to end the careers of Eric Young and Austin Aries. Roode wants a fight and says he will give Lashley a title shot. Roode calls Lashley out and they brawl through the crowd.

* Low Ki defeated DJ Zema Ion, Manik and Tigre Uno in a Fatal 4 Way to win the vacant X Division Title. Ki pinned Uno after a Crusher off the top.

* MVP attacks Kurt Angle backstage.

* Ethan Carter III and Tyrus cut a promo in the ring to lots of heat and boring chants.

* Bram defeated Tommy Dreamer in a Hardcore Match. Magnus interfered and they double teamed Dreamer. Al Snow made the save and took out Magnus but Bram still got the win.

* Kurt Angle comes out and addresses MVP's backstage attack on him. MVP interrupts and says he's tired of everyone, tired of TNA and tired of Angle. Angle attacks MVP and Kenny King makes the save. MVP kicks Angle in the head. Mr. Anderson runs down but Lashley takes him out with a spear. Bobby Roode comes down and throws Kenny King into the barrier. Roode and Lashley brawl in the ring. MVP leaves. Roode destroys Lashley and clears the ring of him. Impact ends with Roode starting a TNA chant and posing with the title.

So much stupidity on some of those shows. I don't have as much of a problem with Roode winning the title but I can get why some do, The Wolves winning the the tag title series only to immediately drop the titles is dumb on so many levels, breaking up EC3 and Spud is stupid (not to mention replacing Spud with Brodus Clay) and Havok losing the title so soon after winning it is stupid. They didn't really write out Angle either.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Members of the TNA roster are tweeting "this is the end" type tweets:
    https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/513174879114649600
    https://twitter.com/THETOMMYDREAMER/status/513182602094972928
    https://twitter.com/MRayneTNA/status/513282185583796225

Apparently TNA was set to lay off their production/live event staff last night. As they have no US shows left:
    http://www.impactwrestling.com/live-events

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jesus. It's actually happening. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I find myself frustrated that WWE will have no competition....but then realize that TNA hasn't even looked that way for quite a while.

My only hope would be that it frees up talent for someone else to take a swing...until I remember the most likely person to set that up is Jarrett and that just will be TNA V.2. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I would be surprised if TNA didn't exist next year. The form they'll take is the question.

The Wolves losing irks me more than anything else. You design this big three way tag title programme to have The Wolves overcome two of the biggest name teams of the last decade and instead of using that to springboard them to bigger and better things you take the tag titles off them straight away. How little common sense do have to have to think that's a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

"What's Jeff Hardy doing in the Global Force Wrestling Zone?!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Abyss three times, Austin Aries twice, Bobby Roode, Brittany, Bully Ray, Gail Kim, James Storm, Lashley, Magnus, MVP, Rhino, Spud, Sanada, Velvet Sky, Manik, Sam Shaw twice. I've no doubt forgotten some but that's as many turns as I can think of that have happened in the last year in TNA. That's 20. If there's any indication that they don't have a plan and don't know what they're doing it's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Man as much as I dislike TNA's current product I don't want them to disappear :(

Not this way Dixie...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Didn't notice until now, but its an odd decision to tape shows for after a PPV that hasn't even taken place yet. Guess we know who wins the title matches.

Wolves losing the titles so soon is my only issue. But there was talk of Davey being injured so maybe that forced them a little. With Bully seemingly done that ruled out Team 3D who were the next best option. Who knows how long Matt is around for. Just glad they remembered the Feast or Fired case instead of pretending it never happened.

Not thrilled with a short reign for Havok but eh, it's something at least. Just hope she didn't take the fall.
    Abyss three times, Austin Aries twice, Bobby Roode, Brittany, Bully Ray, Gail Kim, James Storm, Lashley, Magnus, MVP, Rhino, Spud, Sanada, Velvet Sky, Manik, Sam Shaw twice. I've no doubt forgotten some but that's as many turns as I can think of that have happened in the last year in TNA. That's 20. If there's any indication that they don't have a plan and don't know what they're doing it's that.

That will happen when the writing team is constantly changing. Aries I don't think you can count. He has nearly always been a tweener rather than a clear babyface or heel. He leaned to one side or the other but I would still count him as a tweener first.

Most of the others were for obvious reasons. People turn all the time. Nothing to do with not having any idea what they are doing, it's just something that happens a lot in wrestling. When the writers have changed as often as they have in TNA its bound to be a little higher.

Besides, if that is your biggest complaint, they are doing something right. It's a very small thing to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Beyond the injury speculation, I can see the sense in why The Wolves would drop the titles. Similar to The Shield's implosion after a 2nd decisive win over Evolution, there's nowhere for The Wolves to go but down following a TLC win over two of its 3 innovating teams (if I recall, Full Metal is TNA's TLC). Sticking them back on the chase after ostensibly proving their dominance is probably best out of the options available; anything else'd be devoid of drama.

I could do without Abyss ever doing anything again. Well, unless it was generally just a thing Joseph Parks pulled out for big matches, a la Foley and his later relation with the Cactus Jack persona.

Advertisement