Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick Head On Home

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

And as for the astro, have you ever played on astro?

It's completely different to turf.
    Different on your knees, different bounce, different, lay.
    You might as well ask them to warm up in the car park.

Again, excuse my lack of familiarity with the particular astro pitch in question, but wouldn't you also need astro boots as opposed to normal studs for warming up on this? The Limerick team may not have had this equipment with them.Were Limerick even offered use of the astro pitch?

To anyone defending Wexford, I'd ask this: If Limerick arrived at 6, why was it not until after 7:20 (even Wallace agrees with this time) that they were provided with a safe pitch to warm up on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Publin wrote: »
    Again, excuse my lack of familiarity with the particular astro pitch in question, but wouldn't you also need astro boots as opposed to normal studs for warming up on this? The Limerick team may not have had this equipment with them.Were Limerick even offered use of the astro pitch?

To anyone defending Wexford, I'd ask this: If Limerick arrived at 6, why was it not until after 7:20 (even Wallace agrees with this time) that they were provided with a safe pitch to warm up on??

Very good point.
    I certainly wouldn't like to try my normal boots on astro, or visa versa.

Again, I'm not saying Limerick were blamless.
    Just that Wexford have a lot to answer for too.

Not only that, but any astro pitches I've played on have always banned studs from being used (and in some cases blades too), as it damages the astroturf surface. So I doubt Wallace would have been too happy with that option either.

I agree that both teams have to take a degree of responsibility, but my sympathies lie with Limerick based on the current details that are available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Where did Wexford Youths warm up becuase surely if it was good enough for them it was good enough for the Limerick team.

Villain wrote: »
    Where did Wexford Youths warm up becuase surely if it was good enough for them it was good enough for the Limerick team.

If the other pitch wasn't deemed good enough/safe enough for the referee to warm up on, I wouldn't expect Limerick to have to warm up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus, lads it's Limerick who have the problem here.

For the past 18 months, every team to play down there has warmed up on the back pitch. The main pitch is in fantastic condition and would rival any Premiership pitch.

Limerick are laughable anyways to do any moaning about facilities. They should not even get a licence because of there ground but yet they still do.

I hope Wexford get the 3 points for this and Limerick get a heavy fine. Goons.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Jesus, lads it's Limerick who have the problem here.

For the past 18 months, every team to play down there has warmed up on the back pitch. The main pitch is in fantastic condition and would rival any Premiership pitch.

Limerick are laughable anyways to do any moaning about facilities. They should not even get a licence because of there ground but yet they still do.

I hope Wexford get the 3 points for this and Limerick get a heavy fine. Goons.

Yeah and the reff should be fired for not warming up there too.
    Infact, he should be brought out and pulically flayed.
    Cheek of him.

To think that Limerick with their ridiculous facilities (that part isn't sarcasm), allow opposing teams more courtessy than the team that has "the best facilites in the LOI".
    So good that they don't have adequete lighting on their warm up pitch no less.
    Cheeky Limerick for looking after the saftey of their contracted players.

I regulary go into a ring and get punched and kicked in the face for fun.

Just cause I do it, does that mean that you should?!

Wexford could warm up in downtown Bagdhad for all the difference it makes to Limerick.
    A LOI official ageed that the lighting wasn't safe.

Wexford can choose to do what they want, but if Limerick and the LOI think it's unsafe, then it's up to Wexforsd to provide somewhere that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

According to Limerick he said this, however referees have always warmed up on the perimeter of the pitch.

Let's just wait and see what happens. Should be announcement tomorrow or Friday if the FAI keep to their promise.

I'm going for myabe next Monday we'll find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Biased much?!:rolleyes:

I'll point out to you again, as I assume I did on IK, that winter is darker that summer!!!

Limerick had no problem using the training pitch the other times, cause it wasn't dark.
    Simple!!!

At 7 pm today, take a look out your window.
    Limerick played Wexford last season on the 17th of September. Feck all difference in evening light between 17th of September and now. Up Wexford!

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Limerick played Wexford last season on the 17th of September. Feck all difference in evening light between 17th of September and now. Up Wexford!

Are you kidding me, or making baseless asumptions.

There's an average difference in the time of sunset in Wexford of 40-45 minutes between 17th of September, and 3rd of Oct.

Remind me never to ask you for a weather forcast!:rolleyes:

Secondly, Limerick 37 played Cobh on the 14th Sept 2007, while Wexford Youths played Cobh on the 22nd.

So unless it wasn't a LOI game (I can't remember the cup fixtures), you're vastly mistaken.

Anything else you want to be wrong about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Are you kidding me, or making baseless asumptions.

There's an average difference in the time of sunset in Wexford of 40-45 minutes between 17th of September, and 3rd of Oct.

Remind me never to ask you for a weather forcast!:rolleyes:

Secondly, Limerick 37 played Cobh on the 14th Sept 2007, while Wexford Youths played Cobh on the 22nd.

So unless it wasn't a LOI game (I can't remember the cup fixtures), you're vastly mistaken.

40 minutes me arse. More like 20. Pighead has studied each and every sunset for the past 3 weeks as he had a feeling he may become embroiled in a sunset related row on a popular Irish message board.

17th September Sunset=19.24 Hours
    Tuesday Night Sunset = 19.04 Hours

Oh and with regards to the league match, Pighead isn't "vastly mistaken". It is in fact YOU that is vastly mistaken. Wexford played Limerick last September the 17th in a match that resulted in a 1-1 draw.
    http://www.soccerway.com/match/division-1/wexford-youths-fc/limerick-37/553428/

Suck it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I can't believe you took on Piggy in an arguement that involves trawling back through dates / fixtures / posts etc!!!!
    Don't you realise he documents carefully archives absolutely everything that happens, as it happens!!

BTW, i'm not into analysing when the sun sets etc, but wouldn't the early season games have a similar sunset time to now?? Like i know the first couple of games of the season that i went to were when it was still dark quite early.
    I also would have fcuk all faith in the judgement of a FAI official. If you saw some of the refereeing decisions in our last few home games you may be inclined to do the opposite to what they suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

From what I've read, Wexford were ready to warm up on the training pitch as per usual but after Limerick went home they had a training session, on the training pitch, instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

40 minutes me arse. More like 20. Pighead has studied each and every sunset for the past 3 weeks as he had a feeling he may become embroiled in a sunset related row on a popular Irish message board.

Oh and with regards to the league match, Pighead isn't "vastly mistaken". It is in fact YOU that is vastly mistaken. Wexford played Limerick last September the 17th in a match that resulted in a 1-1 draw.

Suck it up!

PWND.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Well the whole thing was videoed and the video is now in the hands of the FAI. It includes some nasty comments by Wallace. Im sure Walalce will get a fine after the review the video.

A friend in the FAI sent me on a snippet from the video:
    Secret FAI Video of Wexford Limerick Fiasco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I repeat my question. Why is it up to Mick Wallace where Limerick warm up and not the referee?

As far as I'm aware you are entitled to warm up on the match pitch. Doubled with the fact that the referee deemed the training pitch unsafe, its hard to see Wexfords point of view.

Much as I admire what has been happening in Wexford, this stinks of gamesmanship that backfired.

Suck it up!

Wanna try on the sunset again?

Sunset in Wexford on 17th Sept 2007 7:34pm
    Sunset for Oct 3rd 2008 6:56pm.

Daylight on September 17th 2007 lasted 12 hours 35 minutes and 42 seconds
    On October 3rd 2008 it lasted 11 hours 25 minutes and 25 seconds.
    A 1 hour 10 minute and 17 second difference on the two days in question.

To be exact.

Sunset times change on a yearly basis my friend, looking out your window for a few weeks tells you squat!
    It also depends on the weather, seeing as visibility is noticably less on overcast days etc.

Date________Astronomical Twig light___Nautical Twilight______Civil Twilight_____Sunrise Sunset
    Sep 17, 2007____4:59 AM 9:38 PM_______ 5:44 AM 8:54 PM_____ 6:26 AM 8:12 PM____7:01 AM 7:37 PM

Oct 3, 2008_____5:34 AM 8:53 PM________6:15 AM 8:11 PM_____6:56 AM 7:31 PM____7:31 AM 6:56 PM

Do you want toast with those eggs on your face?!

I was wrong about the fixture, but I blame the awkward LOI site for that!;)

Oops I guess you only half owned, me, and my owning of you canceled your owning of me, eh?

Guess what, just like Wexford and Limerick, we're both wrong!!!!!

Advertisement