Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90 not working

Options
  • 18-04-2015 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

When you press the power button on shower Triton T90 it does start turning , but it is not able to pressure the water .

Anyone any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

When you press the power button on shower Triton T90 it does start turning , but it is not able to pressure the water .

Anyone any ideas ?

What t90 have you got? Triton t90si, t90si, t90xr t90z?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Anyone any ideas ?

Could be an airlock? Try first to drop shower hose down to bottom of shower tray and turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Its a T90si and the water is coming through . - But there is no pressure ,
    The motor is running but really low buzzing noise .

I removed the shower head and there is plenty water coming out .

You need to replace either the motor / pump or the carbon brushes in the motor /pump.

It's most likely the carbon bushes though. They cost around 25 euro for the pair and around 100 euro supplied and fitted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Chances are its the shower at fault but I would eliminate a water supply issue first. It cant pump if it cant get it, often see parts replaced in showers and they were not the problem at all. Proper diagnosis is key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I removed the shower head and there is plenty water coming out .
    Sounds like the holes are blocked up. Found this happened every so often with the T90i.

And if it's the water, the inside is most likely clogged up inside. Hard water was the problem, I think, in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

carbon brushes need to be replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

Second the carbon brushes. Happened me last year and was a simple fix.

May sound like an easy fix , but still , I rang Triton today and they tell me that the T90si is obselete and not worth fixing .

Would cost €150 , but no guarantees , as they could fit a pump , and them something else could go wrong .

Looks like only option is a new shower unit .

Anyone know best buy , Creda , Triton , Mira etc

Anyone know best buy , Creda , Triton , Mira etc

Triton t90 have been the best pumped electric shower on the market since 1980 or so. They have a triton t90z now. Mira come 2nd best but are miles behind triton. Please, please stay away from Creda, dimplex etc. Absolute rubbish.

Something to think about if you plan to replace yourself. Triton & mira have water & power on bottom left of the shower. Just about all the other makes have right hand entry. It could involve opening up the wall to change to cheaper brands.

• Advertisement

May sound like an easy fix , but still , I rang Triton today and they tell me that the T90si is obselete and not worth fixing .

Why not replace the brushes. It'll only set you back around €25. New triton or mira will set you back close to €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

Really think you should try the brushes first. If you are anyway handy this is an easy enough job. There are videos on YouTube to bring you through the process. I will PM you a link to get these.

This happened to me about a year or so ago. I thought my T90 was done as have had it nearly 10 years. Was willing to buy a new shower to. Replaced the brushes and not a bother on it since!

If you do want to replace you are better off replacing like for like. From my understanding the T90z has all the same piping as the T90 so its a simple switch over and should be no need for any new drilling.

If you do want to replace you are better off replacing like for like. From my understanding the T90z has all the same piping as the T90 so its a simple switch over and should be no need for any new drilling.[/QUOTE]

He will have to drill the tiles to pin the shower to the wall. None of the screw holes line up but with a good bit its not a big job. :)

mac_09 wrote: »
    Really think you should try the brushes first. If you are anyway handy this is an easy enough job. There are videos on YouTube to bring you through the process. I will PM you a link to get these.

This happened to me about a year or so ago. I thought my T90 was done as have had it nearly 10 years. Was willing to buy a new shower to. Replaced the brushes and not a bother on it since!

If you do want to replace you are better off replacing like for like. From my understanding the T90z has all the same piping as the T90 so its a simple switch over and should be no need for any new drilling.

I see the brushes on eBay for around 25e , so will buy them and see how it goes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where in the country are you?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where in the country are you?

Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I see the brushes on eBay for around 25e , so will buy them and see how it goes .

Sounds dear. The top 3 results for "triton t90 brushes" are all under 10 euro

Can you post some links.
    Cheapest link I can find in Ireland for triton t90si carbon brushes in brass casing is 26 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Fyi for those looking for Bricks & Mortar shop in Dublin...

Checked with Heat Merchants and Davies and apparently Triton stopped supplying
    replacement motor Brushes.

After much looking around found them in http://www.theshowercentre.ie/
    which is top of Malahide road in Fairview. They said they had a decent supply of them. (I've no connection with shop)

• Advertisement

How much did they set you back? I wasn't able to find any for €10 or less as mentioned above

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

Advertisement