Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Device ID on HKC alarm

Options
  • 03-12-2006 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

Anybody understand the way this ID on devices works for the HKC Securewatch alarm?
    Does it allow you to home in on a particular sensor when it's faulty or gives off an alarm?

This could be pretty useful on the log record.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You need id sensors for this to work

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Is it possible to get the bloody engineer code so that I can open the door to get at the battery without setting off the alarm due to the tamper!??????? ARGH!!!!

I pulled out the fuse to open the door and when i did i realised the previous owner (muppets) had disconnected the battery because there was a problem with the alarm, so yesterday with power failures, when the power came back on, the alarm (much to my new neighbours annoyance) started blaring all over the place.

Ive now left the fuse disconnected, but I cannot set the system up properly because there is a bell tamper problem thus I cannot connect the battery, etc etc etc... am i making ANY sense?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

How do you mean 'id sensors'?

Should I buy a particular type of inertia or reed detector that can be set up as a detectable point in the alarm network?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Reyman wrote:
    How do you mean 'id sensors'?

Should I buy a particular type of inertia or reed detector that can be set up as a detectable point in the alarm network?
    Correct. HKC id sensors will do it. It's all in the manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 christopher1

Hi lads,
    WonderING IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME,PLEASE.
    Want to apolagise in advance, hope you excuse my ignorance on the subject. Have a HKC security alarm system installed in my house, one particular zone has only one PIR covering a large area i would like to wire a second PIR onto that zone,but whatever way that i've the two PIRs wired together the alarm will only sound when the two PIRs are activated at the same time! what am i doing wrong??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Hi lads,
    Want to apolagise in advance, hope you excuse my ignorance on the subject. Have a HKC security alarm system installed in my house, one particular zone has only one PIR covering a large area i would like to wire a second PIR onto that zone,but whatever way that i've the two PIRs wired together the alarm will only sound when the two PIRs are activated at the same time! what am i doing wrong??

Sounds like you have both sensors wired in parallel meaning both must be in alarm to have an open circuit.
    To do what you need the sensors must be wired in series with each other or better still each sensor should have it's own zone.

Assuming the zone is not using dual EOL resistors

here is a diagram on how to do this

If you are using single EOL then just put the resistor in to the loop in the last sensor.

If you are using dual EOL you will need to use the three wire method to do it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LSOH

Just bought a house has a HKC alarm installed.Does anyone know how to change the code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 KingDermo

LSOH wrote: »
    Just bought a house has a HKC alarm installed.Does anyone know how to change the code?
    Have you got an engineering code? or access to a manager menu?
    If you put in your current arming code does the alarm arm straight away(except exit time), i.e. not prompted with a "?"

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Hi lads,

Hello,

I have a rear zone that has window contact sensors on it. I don't have a spare set of wires to wire a PIR seperately. Is there any problem putting a PIR in series with a number of Sensor Contacts?

Seperately, I have a Panic on it's own zone. I want to wire in a smoke alarm that I bought. Can I wire the smoke alarm in series with the Panic? Again, don't want to have to run a separate wire down to the panel for the smoke alarm.

Thanks

P.S. I know ideally you would have them completely seperate. I have a HKC panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 FoxyxxxLoxy

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me. The house next door to me who are away, house alarm went off last nite. We have a spare key and code for the alarm but this wouldn't work it just kept flashing " NO RKP COMM " Does anyone know what this means ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

No RKP comms means your keypad is not communicating with your main control panel properly call a technician is your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BAZELEC

Hi I'm going to buy and install a HKC alarm in my house and want to know which reed sensors to uses an ID reed sensor or just a reed sensor, what is the difference. Most of the window have two or three openings. any help would be great.

Baz

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

BAZELEC wrote: »
    which reed sensors to uses an ID reed sensor or just a reed sensor, what is the difference.

Baz
    HKC id sensors means you can have 10 id zone on zone 5 & zone 6
    Basically giving you an extra 18 zones without the need for an expander
    Using normal MC sensors zones 5 & 6 are just regular zones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BAZELEC

thanks for the reply, so should i just uses a basic reed sensor on the windows and doors and not a ID one.

Baz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 teddzers11

Hi all i have a HKC alarm that is giving fault saying
    No RPK comms
    I gather this is the keypad, but would like to know if it could be anything else, before i change the Keypad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

teddzers11 wrote: »
    Hi all i have a HKC alarm that is giving fault saying
    No RPK comms
    I gather this is the keypad, but would like to know if it could be anything else, before i change the Keypad

Before you change the keypad, power down the system and wait 15 seconds. Power the system back up and this should clear the fault.. Any problems, let me know...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

After that disconnect the keypad,bring it up the the control panel & wire it in directly on a short lenght of cable. That will eliminate any problems with the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice bought a house recently with a Hkc 812 panel alarm works fine but there are up to 10 inertia sensors on one zone the front & back door are also on same zone same as a few windows and doors on same zones. I see I can set d alarm and open d windows no problem if I don't bang too hard no alarm sounds. Any ideas as to how I can split up the sensors to have them grouped better as far as I can see they are all wired in series then back to panel . I'm looking at a Hkc 1070

It's really down to how the zone is wired.
    If you use any panel besides HKC you can use even 4 core loop to split that into 3 separate zones.

KoolKid wrote: »
    It's really down to how the zone is wired.
    If you use any panel besides HKC you can use even 4 core loop to split that into 3 separate zones.

Tank koolkid id like to use Hkc as familiar wit them for instance there is 11 windows wit shock and 2 sets of French doors all on one zone labeled as south face windows and no tampers wired here is a pic

• Advertisement

And this is just one cable looped?
    Very poor wiring. You could split it into 2 zones by using the blue and yellow pairs.
    You could also use point ID sensors to get all separate zones but that would be expensive as you would need new devices. I personally don't recommend them. I have had many issues with them over the years.

KoolKid wrote: »
    And this is just one cable looped?
    Very poor wiring. You could split it into 2 zones by using the blue and yellow pairs.
    You could also use point ID sensors to get all separate zones but that would be expensive as you would need new devices. I personally don't recommend them. I have had many issues with them over the years.
    Ya Very poor wiring if I use blue and yellow pairs I will have no tamper then I'll prob have to change devices anyways as only shock on windows and looking for shock and mc any recommendations

I find the GE 613 MC sensors very good.
    G02GS613.jpg
    Very reliable & they give you plenty of space inside to join through connections.

thanks koolkid

the shock mc are the same make as the shocks currently on d the windows. can i use hkc point id's on we say each bay window and wire in 5 shocks to the id so at least each cluster of windows will have its own id. seee at present whoever done this job previously have 2 bay window sections in different rooms and 2 pairs of french doors and numourous other windows all on one zone labeled south facing windows. i was thinking if possible to use point id,s to at least make some sence of the zones and maybe a few rf devices for the french doors to seperate them. they also have front and back doors on one zone but i can split them to 2 zones.

The configuration you would have to use is this...
    The whole of the 4 core loop would be used for the point ID sensors joined through all the way. Any sensors you wish to wire into the point ID sensors would have to be new separate wiring.
    Not worth the hassle of it and the possible issues you may have IMO.

does this mean i should replace all the shocks with the id sensors and use the 3 cores for the data '-' and '+' back to the panal what will i use d 4th core for

Point ID sensors use 3 cores as you listed. 4th core is unused. You could put upto 10 ID sensors on that loop. As I said, it wouldn't be my recommendation.

tanx koolkid yes as u said they not very reliable could i use a rf sensor and wire a few sensors to it to group some of them together?

To use wireless on the 8/12 you would need to add a quickbridge type receiver and you would need free zones on the panel.
    If you really are serious about tidying up this zone I would upgrade to a Siemens Panel and add an 8 zone expander. Using the existing 4 core you could separate that zone into 3 zones. You would also have the ability to add wireless contacts and PiRs.

• Advertisement

Wat u think of the Hkc 1070

Advertisement