Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paidi Ogs for sale

Options
  • 17-07-2015 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

http://search.knightfrank.ie/htmo2951

Seems Paidi Ogs and the unit behind it (what used to be tesco express) are for Sale.

Wonder if it will continue to run as Paidi Ogs once sold...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Wasn't planning granted for 2 restaurants or cafes or something after the Tescos closed? Whatever happened to them?

I haven't heard the thump, thump, thump on Friday/Saturday nights recently. I presume the nightclub isn't running anymore?

Sorry for all the questions but does anyone have a layman's definition for what 'local centre' and 'high amenity' mean with regards to possible planning for the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes, David McGuinness was the one who said about the restaurants last year and I asked him recently on his FB page what happened with them but he never got back to me.

I've no idea if the nightclub is open, I've never visited Slice and never intended to either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vagazzled

Local legend has it that there is a secret tunnel from the premises to the back of the shopping centre-near TKMaxx - from the civil war days.
    They liked value & fashion in those days, the Mulhuddartonians. Nah, there was just a field there then, but the rest is true :)
    Only in Slice once, thank Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sorry for all the questions but does anyone have a layman's definition for what 'local centre' and 'high amenity' mean with regards to possible planning for the site?

Local centre means planning consideration would only be for small to medium scale retail and commercial builds. Next up the chain would be district centres like Blanch village or Regional centres like the Blanchardstown centre campus. There is a distinct hierarchy difference between them all even though they are close by.

High amenity covers aspects like maintaining the character and look of an area, recognising community importance and preferring customer permeable businesses like small shops and restaurants and pubs to a lot of offices or light industrial. Keeping the village a village in other words

It's closed as of today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

January wrote: »
    It's closed as of today.

And off the regulars trot to wetherspoons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

dodzy wrote: »
    And off the regulars trot to wetherspoons :D

I've seen regulars from both Paidi's & Jack O'Neills in Wetherspoons, they must be rubbing theor hand together at the timing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

Didn't the owners of Paudi Ogs recently lease The Greyhound?

Wonder how that's doing?

Murt10 wrote: »
    Didn't the owners of Paudi Ogs recently lease The Greyhound?

Wonder how that's doing?

He did, yes. And it's going well apparently. A (badly needed) few bob spent on internal revamping. Seems to be paying dividends. The "hound" was always going to do well once they started selling beer again.

I believe that a few staff got looked after in Finglas ( he has a place or 2 over there ).

Punters just turned up yesterday to find a closed shop. I'd say they were tearing their hair out at 10.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Good site there. Did the site beside the aldi ever get sold.the old school ?

• Advertisement

Good site there. Did the site beside the aldi ever get sold.the old school ?

Aldi is on the site of the old school, they demolished the school to build aldI and they have a plaque on the wall of aldI saying that's where the school once stood.

The site beside it with the houses on it I don't think was sold yet.

Aldi is on the site of the old school, they demolished the school to build aldI and they have a plaque on the wall of aldI saying that's where the school once stood.

The site beside it with the houses on it I don't think was sold yet.

yep your right. Its the houses I was thinking of. They have been for sale for quiet a while. Must be asking to much

yep your right. Its the houses I was thinking of. They have been for sale for quiet a while. Must be asking to much

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. I think it's that they're trying to sell it for commercial purposes anyway. I think theres 3 houses on that site that would have to be demolished before anything could be built on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 aperocot

vagazzled wrote: »
    Local legend has it that there is a secret tunnel from the premises to the back of the shopping centre-near TKMaxx - from the civil war days.
    They liked value & fashion in those days, the Mulhuddartonians. Nah, there was just a field there then, but the rest is true :)
    Only in Slice once, thank Christ.

I grew up in the area and used to play in "a tunnel" under what's now the bypass flyover. I was told as a youngun that they were putting one of the streams or tributaries of the Tolka underground when making way for the developments. It ran up what became Shelerin road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

:eek:Was the nightclub really called slice?

magentis wrote: »
    :eek:Was the nightclub really called slice?

It was called Ice. Later on it was called Status.

It was called Ice. Later on it was called Status.

I remember having a laugh when the STATUS name was disclosed. A right laugh. For anyone that never had the privilege of a night in the establishment, you've no idea what you missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 aperocot

Anyone remember the Beez Kneez? Perhaps that's not the right spelling, but that was the name of the first incarnation of a nightclub there back in the Mulhuddart House days.

I was a good 10 years too young to get in..

aperocot wrote: »
    Anyone remember the Beez Kneez? Perhaps that's not the right spelling, but that was the name of the first incarnation of a nightclub there back in the Mulhuddart House days.

I was a good 10 years too young to get in..

Yep, an asylum, even back that far !

I see on daft that site in mulhuddart beside lidl is on again for 700k.. any takers ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is Mulhuddart the only village in Ireland now with no pub??:eek::eek:

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is Mulhuddart the only village in Ireland now with no pub??:eek::eek:

no harm... lots in Blanch

no harm... lots in Blanch

Ah now its a big enough place, when you consider where the nearest pub is vs population. I'd like to see a decent watering hole in the area. Bearing in mind the recent closures of pubs in a relatively close proximity.

dodzy wrote: »
    Ah now its a big enough place, when you consider where the nearest pub is vs population. I'd like to see a decent watering hole in the area. Bearing in mind the recent closures of pubs in a relatively close proximity.

but would you not get a rough crowd ?

but would you not get a rough crowd ?

:rolleyes:

You get an element of a rough crowd in most pubs in most areas. Although I've never actually been in The Shanty/Paidi Og's etc (and that's not because of the crowd, it's because I don't do pubs) I know the crowds that go there and they're not rough. They're out for a drink in their local.

If you want to refer to incidents that have taken place outside it, there's incidents outside lots of pubs.

:rolleyes:

You get an element of a rough crowd in most pubs in most areas. Although I've never actually been in The Shanty/Paidi Og's etc (and that's not because of the crowd, it's because I don't do pubs) I know the crowds that go there and they're not rough. They're out for a drink in their local.

If you want to refer to incidents that have taken place outside it, there's incidents outside lots of pubs.

never been there myself , and come to think of it ive never seen any fights, trouble etc in the area, the city centre anything can happen

never been there myself , and come to think of it ive never seen any fights, trouble etc in the area, the city centre anything can happen

You'd see more sh1te outside the SPAR than anywhere else. Terrible location for scrote congregations.

Advertisement