Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transit Jumbo

Options
  • 07-01-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Interested in a camper jumbo at the minute. Looking for a van type conversion. I am a little bit surprised at the people i spoke to on the phone.
    I mean if u trying to sell some thing, at least u would put some effort in to it.

Is the cooker working, not sure. What type of fridge in in , not sure.
    This is what i have noticed, the people selling them , no nothing about them.
    Any way back on topic.

Just wondering is the jumbo a bit too big for me, the biggest of the transits.
    I would be using this on a weekly basis. I think there is 4 or 5 months tax and DOE left on it. I would be worried about rust and chassis problems.
    Surely if it passed the DOE, the body and underneath would be ok.

Bulford T Justice could give me good advice here, or any one else for that matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

from past experience when you ask a question about something and you get the i dont know or im not sure that usually means it does not work,

dont waste your time with that one if the people on the phone are like that,

theres lots of choice out there, lots of buckets of s**te as well so make sure you are buying a yolk with at least 6 mths test (just my openion by the way)

if buying a converted van make sure you see everything working, (everything)
    dont fall for the auld story of aah the gas is empty and my dog ate the hose,
    if its all working ok then the potential seller will be more than happy to show it working,

i always go on the 1st impression and i have not been wrong yet,

as for the size that will be just right for you, its a matter of look at loads and you will get a feel for the one that fits the bill.

happy hunting,

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

from past experience when you ask a question about something and you get the i dont know or im not sure that usually means it does not work,

dont waste your time with that one if the people on the phone are like that,

theres lots of choice out there, lots of buckets of s**te as well so make sure you are buying a yolk with at least 6 mths test (just my openion by the way)

if buying a converted van make sure you see everything working, (everything)
    dont fall for the auld story of aah the gas is empty and my dog ate the hose,
    if its all working ok then the potential seller will be more than happy to show it working,

i always go on the 1st impression and i have not been wrong yet,

as for the size that will be just right for you, its a matter of look at loads and you will get a feel for the one that fits the bill.

happy hunting,
    You are spot on what you say.
    What a few have said to me, ( i really do not know much about it ).
    It is a bit off putting to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I recently bought my first camper and there are some things that I have already learned!

Don't view it in the rain!
    If you see pictures ask when were they taken ( the ones in the add i saw were 2.5 year old)
    Ask if its washed, If not request that i be washed before viewing. Dirt can cover lots of little blemishes and rust spots.
    Check the leisure batteries for water and power!! The ones fitted to mine were half empty, possibly Dead.
    Roll out awnings fully, they are designed to roll out fully! if the seller doesn't want to then there may be problems with it.

Remember! Dolmens insurance require an engineers report for all converted vans and campers over 15 years old!! Perhaps all of them require it. They don't care that it has a DOE.
    This will be an extra cost that you will have to bear(60-100) + anything that needs fixing. A lot can go wrong after a DOE 9 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

I agree with JoeySully.
    A lot can go wrong from one DOE to the next.
    AND RUST KILLS CAMPERS.
    I would like to have a camper inspected by my own Mechanic up on a ramp and with a full Doe done before I would purchase.

I put my Motorhome true a doe two years ago and it passed with flying colours re tested it last year and it failed on bearings ,tyres,SILLS,break balancing unit ,break lines and there were other subframe issues it would have cost three grand to fix
    I wasnt able to get her fixed so I swapped her for a camper at a dealers. He got roasted with the thing .
    I had a failed doe report from the previous week with me when i sold it and I was honest about all the repairs .

Advertisement