Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 Roadworks at Naas?

Options
  • 24-09-2014 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

hi all, wondering what the roadworks are on the motorway between naas and kilkullen.
    Is someone finally getting theyre act together and putting services there?

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Redd4 wrote: »
    hi all, wondering what the roadworks are on the motorway between naas and kilkullen.
    Is someone finally getting theyre act together and putting services there?

regards

Probably more to do with the road widening project?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

hi, nah theyre building a bridge and they seem to be doing a fair big of work on either side. theyre hardly widening the motorway. they dont need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

hi, nah theyre building a bridge and they seem to be doing a fair big of work on either side. theyre hardly widening the motorway. they dont need to.

They do need to widen it. The M7 is being widened to 3 lanes from the end of the Naas dual carriageway to the M9 junction.

Sorry! my bad

i agree they need to widen the m7. hell yes. its ridiculously slow at times.

I meant the road works on the m9 , somewhere around kilkullen. I cant rename the thread title though i dont think.

roadworks on the m9

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The works are on the M9 and yes, it's for services

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

ah savage. Im sure they'll charge extortionate prices for everything, but, it will be nice to have the option.

yah have been looking at the newlands cross thread on here, hoping thats gonna be usable in late october, should cut my commute to less than an hour, will be sweet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

ah savage. Im sure they'll charge extortionate prices for everything, but, it will be nice to have the option.

yah have been looking at the newlands cross thread on here, hoping thats gonna be usable in late october, should cut my commute to less than an hour, will be sweet.

We're not the UK (or actually the rest of the known world really) - motorway services here usually charge the same prices as off-motorway stations. In the UK the fuel is unbearably dear and otherwise you're just getting prices back to vaguely normal with the 10% discounts on food that you can get with the AA or a load of other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

There are a couple of projects along the stretch N7/M7/M9. From memory, there will be: road widening / bridge works Sallins to Naas / services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

<snip>.
    to echo the previous posters, the existing Irish services are VERY reasonably priced (fuel + shop/ cafe/ restaurant) and are a world away from what you'd pay in the UK or on the continent.

At this stage I mainly stop at mc Donalds in Germany (and indeed in UK if I can find them) as you've free clean toilets and reasonably priced coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭paulbok

to echo the previous posters, the existing Irish services are VERY reasonably priced (fuel + shop/ cafe/ restaurant) and are a world away from what you'd pay in the UK or on the continent.

At this stage I mainly stop at mc Donalds in Germany (and indeed in UK if I can find them) as you've free clean toilets and reasonably priced coffee.

I'd agree with that except if you want an all day breakfast.
    €9.50 for a small ore-cooked fry? no thank you.

is there anyplace online to get status updates on the constuction work?

the fact that the motorway is limited to one lane there is getting a bit old at this stage, wondering when they will re-open the two closed lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

is there anyplace online to get status updates on the constuction work?

the fact that the motorway is limited to one lane there is getting a bit old at this stage, wondering when they will re-open the two closed lanes.

Does anyone know which side they are having the petrol station on. I always thought they'd have two, but since the bridge is going in there - it must only mean 1.

Advertisement