Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insufficient Storage Space Available

• 30-03-2012 8:33pm

This has been happening to me a lot when I have been trying to install apps from the Android market. It won't let me install anything or update, because there's insufficient space.

I've downloaded Storage Analyser and according to it my space is as follows:
    /sdcard - 3.91GB free
    /system - 107.1 MB free
    /data - 27MB free

I'm using Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and it is updated to the latest version of software and my phone is rooted.

How can I free up space? It's really annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

You could try going to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications and move as many as possible to the sd card. It's the ****tiest implementation though. Even after moving applications there's still a huge chunk of them on the phone and there are lots of them you can't move.

It's the bane of my life(my life using the phone) with my HTC Desire and the main fault I'd have with Android devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

humbert wrote: »
    You could try going to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications and move as many as possible to the sd card. It's the ****tiest implementation though. Even after moving applications there's still a huge chunk of them on the phone and there are lots of them you can't move.

It's the bane of my life(my life using the phone) with my HTC Desire and the main fault I'd have with Android devices.

My play has the warning up for about the past two weeks now and it's an absolute pain in the hole dealing with memory and trying to find something that can and will be deleted. It's the only time i find myself wishing to return to iOS.

I didn't realize you could select which items to move to the SD card. Cheers for that. It's annoying that you can't choose for the apps to be installed to the SD card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I have that option but I'm running the CyanogenMod rom and it's in a category of options specific to that rom. I've a feeling it can be done on the standard rom but a little less straightforwardly.

If your experience is anything like mine it's really just postponing the problem.

It used to be quite common to have an unofficial apps to sd which moved everything to the sd card but since Android started offering their neutered version it doesn't come by default with CyanogenMod(and if I remember correctly, was quite difficult to add). I assume larger internal storage on many devices has also reduced the need for it.

Oh and for completeness, I should warn you that moving stuff with widgets(winamp was my experience) can cause the widget not to load.

Advertisement