Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People stuck inside

Options
  • 23-05-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else bored of the internet and stuck in work? Or stuck inside and not able to get out and enjoy the sun?

:(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

nope. enjoy work, OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Fortunatly got this weekend off.

But man its so hot, can only stay out for an hour at a time!

But i feel for you being stuck indoors

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

I was until now. I was studying for an exam in the morning but I decided that making use of the sunshine is more important because I won't get a job anyway if I pass or not:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im drifting in and out cause im pretty sure the sun is out to kill a hungover me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

yep, shtuck here aswell. Also trying to study, no friends about as they too are studyin.

Polished my guitars and just lying like a beached whale on the bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Im heading up to the Wicklow mountains for a walk later on...it stays bright till 9 at at this time of the year...it will be quieter later on everyone will have gone home...my daughter and her friend have gone for a swim but the beaches are too crowed for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I'm sun-burned from yesterday, so I'm hiding from it now =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

yep - in work till 6.30 :(

After that its beers and sunshine though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Going to be a scorcher today, 10:10am and already heading towards 30C. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Stayed inside by choice until 6pm yesterday, I hate getting sun-burned and I'm nth generation Irish so my natural colour is an attractive purpelish-blue :pac:

Went for beers in the evening and met a guy with what had to be 3rd degree burns on his shoulders and arms :eek:

Went for a stroll today (slathered in factor 50) as it's kind of overcast; still lovely and warm though.

Don't get me wrong though, I love warm sunny weather, I just don't go out too much in it. Would be a very different story if I was sallow though!

Feel for you being stuck indoors against your will op!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'm hung over and stuck in a hotel for a communion with about a million kids running riot.

I'd prefere to be in bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I'm stuck inside working on my portfolio. People running about with supersoakers just below my window. Really not fair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Working 8 to 7 today and yesterday too in a room with sooo many glass windows ,no air con just fans and today im hungover too. Cant wait for next weekend when im off though its not likely to be so nice outside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I'm working... woe is me. Until midnight too :(

I was dying to go to the beach and perv on people build sandcastles, but no dice.

I am however, surrounded by balloons. Which is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Nope - currently relaxing outside with an ice-cream Its great:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

On laptop in garden. Cant bare the beaches and parks, too busy and all the scum bags do be out drinking bud/cider ,shouting, kicking footballs and blaring sh1te music. Theres always a massive tailback on Howth road on a sunny sunday anyway and couldnt be arsed sitting in traffic for ages in this weather AC or no AC. Will go for a drive later when things are quieter to check out the beautiful women of Dublin (mostly Eastern Europeans;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I'm inside at the moment because the wasps are out to get me! :D I assassinated a few of them, so now they have a big vendetta against me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Inside at the moment by choice because I don't like the idea of being cooked by the sun, thank you!

I'll head out again at about 5 for a while, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Off work in 10 minutes :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

If I go outside I'm sure I'll spontainiously combust.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I get cranky and tired if I stay out in the sun for too long. And besides I want to stay pale. Tommorrow is going to be funny to see all the burned red faces on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm going to be a rebel and close my shop half an hour early( at 5 ) and head home for a bbq. Happy days!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Try and nip out for a few mins every hour. Will have next weekend off too and Monday and Tuesday (still meant to be warm which is good)

Beers and BBQ leftovers after work though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

brittas bay from 12 to 330, hat shirt, seat, kids, long lines pissed off cars as we left,

Advertisement