Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun or Snow?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I'm on the internet at 6 o'clock on a Saturday - do you think I care about the outside world?
    galwayrush wrote: »
    When is this global warming going to become permanent here, i'd like it to be warm like today all the time.

Global warming was cancelled, sumfink to do with we have to call it climate change now....:confused:

Anyway the upshot if it is we're not getting the promised hotter weather even though we used as many aerosols as possible.

It's most unfair

In fact I'm quite sure it's false advertising. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Sun/Summer
    My windows are wide open tonight and its still fooking hot. My laptop's cooling fan cant cope. I just realised its so much easier to stay warm at night than it is to cool down. I miss the winter:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I'm on the internet at 6 o'clock on a Saturday - do you think I care about the outside world?
    As fun as the snow was this year when it was around, having no water for 3 weeks when I went back to college and driving anywhere taking 3 times longer than usual makes it an easy enough decision for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I lived in Canada -53 with a windchill for months on end and i loved it, also lived in Aus +36 heat, i prefer the cold any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'd prefer living in a land of fire and ice.

Failing that, would prefer the ice and cold. Everything looks cleaner with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nothing like living in such a good quality fantasy series Jeremiah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Nothing like living in such a good quality fantasy series Jeremiah

Fantasy? Naaaaa...I'm talking about Iceland....the store that is. I often go into the walk-in freezer with a can of petrol, lighter/matches and go creative.

Here's a pic.

http://www.zamaanonline.com/images/Eruption%20of%20Eyjafjallajokull%20Volcano%20Iceland.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Snow! No, Sun!

Ahhhh, I can't choose, I hate them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Smarch:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Sun/Summer
    Mrmoe wrote: »
    Smarch:pac:

"dont touch willie" Good advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Sun/Summer
    I chose snow in that but I'm a bit torn. Can't stand the sun, the heat is bad enough and then my pale skin but I have really sensitive eyes so the sun drives me mad, but then snow is very bright and that drives me mad too :pac:

I find the sun so tiring, it's so hard to study etc but then it's also very hard to work in the cold with trying to keep warm.

I'd pick duller weather over the sun but neither of those options are ideal.

I prefer it to be dull but not windy and warm but that rarely happens. So maybe autumn evenings or summer nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sun/Summer
    Snow any day, at least I can get some sleep when it's cold

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Sun/Summer
    100% snow but then again i do have a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Sun/Summer
    im a the biggest child ever when it comes to snow :D
    i work during summer so i never really get much time in the sun so dont care for it much. but with snow - you can go out and have snowball fights ect and then go cosy up in your pj's and fluffy socks infront of the fire with your book/laptop - its great! When its warm your never that comfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

give me sun anyday, im sitting out my back garden on myh sisters trampoline in the sun :) have to appreciate all the hot weather we get :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sun, by a long stretch. Snow is cool for two days, then it's boring.
    How hot was it in Brum yesterday? Yahoo says it was only about 24 degrees. Hardly a heatwave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Sun, definately.
    Snow is fun for a while, but then it's annoying when your feet get soaked when you're walking anywhere and driving takes so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I can't stand snow. It's just... ugh, cold and messy and it makes driving conditions difficult. I hate snow so much. So sun, I'm always much happier when it's sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Hate hate hate the humidity, it just turns my brain to mush, but the conditions over the most recent Winter really made me hate the snow and ice too (and I didn't have it nearly half as bad as plenty of others!)...
    So, although I've always favoured Autumn, then Spring, over Summer or Winter, I guess I'll choose Summer because it stays bright for longer, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The two best times of the year are early summer when the proper heat is starting to break through, it's still a novelty and people are just happy to see it and haven't started to feel properly stifled and sick of it yet, and early winter, about mid November when the air develops that beautiful crisp dryness and everything seems beautifully defined and delicate. So I'm pretty happy now, but will be as happy then, when evenings shorten and everything is beautiful and brittle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

The two best times of the year are early summer when the proper heat is starting to break through, it's still a novelty and people are just happy to see it and haven't started to feel properly stifled and sick of it yet, and early winter, about mid November when the air develops that beautiful crisp dryness and everything seems beautifully defined and delicate. So I'm pretty happy now, but will be as happy then, when evenings shorten and everything is beautiful and brittle.

+1

I love seasons. First frosty night with a fire lit is as lovely as the first sunny day of wearing next to nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I hate all forms of extreme weather, but I really fecking hate rain. HATE IT. It's just about comfortably warm here today and not a sign of rain so I'm happy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Sun/Summer
    I preferred the snow. No kids on the street and less car noise. When the snow was fully down it proved the majority of car journeys are pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Sun/Summer
    I prefer the snow. I was loving it back in January. The heat is ok for a day or two but it makes me uncomfortable. I love wrapping up on a cold day and going out for a walk or something. On a day like today I'm more likely to lounge around and do nothing....which is what I'm doing now.

I'm not really in to sun holidays either. I would pick a city break or a ski/snow boarding holiday in winter over a week by the pool in Spain in summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭1c1a

Theres something really beautiful about snow, it brings the inner child in most adults out instead of sunshine which has so many people cowering in the corners giving out about how hot it is:) I love snow:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Sun/Summer
    Prefer snow/Winter. But Autumn time is the best! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

1c1a wrote: »
    Theres something really beautiful about snow, it brings the inner child in most adults out instead of sunshine which has so many people cowering in the corners giving out about how hot it is:) I love snow:p

Dont know about that - I was out in my gf's neighbours backyard jumping on the bouncing castle they got for their daughters communion - tis great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Sun! It's so much harder to feel sad when everything is so bright outside.

• Advertisement
Advertisement