Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,343 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Souness was a legend of a player for Liverpool, not as a manager.

true.

my only argument was that he deserved a shot at the job, and knew what the club stood for.

you could say neither of Uncle Woy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Unlucky we didn't win the mini derby in the end. Eccelstone, Sterling and Suso played very well. The first team could do with getting some corner taking lessons from the reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,501 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SlickRic wrote: »
    true.

my only argument was that he deserved a shot at the job, and knew what the club stood for.

you could say neither of Uncle Woy.

Roy didn't work out but I think its reasonable to say that when he got the job we weren't exactly attracting the type of manager who had just won La Liga, Serie A etc etc. Roy had just led a decent Fulham team to the Europa League final.

Its not like we have struck gold with Kenny either if we are bing fair. The type of manager we can attract has probably dropped along with the type of player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Woy was the Carling Cup of Liverpool managers.

*ducks*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

ush wrote: »
    Woy was the Carling Cup of Liverpool managers.

*ducks*

Nah.

I rate the Carling Cup more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

mixednuts wrote: »
    Nah.

I rate the Carling Cup more.

Fair enough. The Carling Cup never managed Örebro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

noodler wrote: »
    Roy didn't work out but I think its reasonable to say that when he got the job we weren't exactly attracting the type of manager who had just won La Liga, Serie A etc etc.

We did however sack an FA Cup, Uefa Cup, Champions League & La Liga winning manager who 12 months before had brought the club to our highest ever points total in the league, before bringing him in, and therein lay the hilarity of the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

why is ush's post that was quoted by mixed nuts have an all blue icon?

other quotes don't, is it a warning?

sorry for bringing the thread off topic i know it never happens

(this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77208258&postcount=5898)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    We did however sack an FA Cup, Uefa Cup, Champions League & La Liga winning manager who 12 months previous had best our highest ever points total in the league before bringing him in, and therein lay the hilarity of the situation.

Jeez when you see it in black and white like that :eek: .

Those last months of the G&H Circus were so damaging , but during the time it was hard to grasp how serious it was ..its only know looking back you can see how dire the club was .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

danniemcq wrote: »

(this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77208258&postcount=5898)

Every quote looks the same to me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

We did however sack an FA Cup, Uefa Cup, Champions League & La Liga winning manager who 12 months before had brought the club to our highest ever points total in the league, before bringing him in, and therein lay the hilarity of the situation.

The club was being run by complete idiots at the time.

I'm shocked Rafa actually stayed as long as he did working with those cowboys.

danniemcq wrote: »

I have bad news for you. Are you sitting down?

All the quotes look the same.

Al's got it RE: Woy.

don't sack Rafa if Woy is your idea of a replacement.

i don't care how bad a season Benitez had had...Woy isn't fit to lick his goatie. and anyone with any football knowledge should've seen that.

oh, but wait...remember who we had running the club...oh right, it all makes sense :p

You bastard.

I wasn't sitting down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

• Advertisement

Can't fault him the last month or so. He's improving all the time. Seems more assured and confident.

Another player that was wrote off after a few months :rolleyes:

Woy isn't fit to lick his goatie. :p

One is a Wizard and the other has no magic no matter how hard he tries :P

Sure look ....

pa9xA.gif

royo2.gif

mixednuts wrote: »
    One is a Wizard and the other has no magic no matter how hard he tries :P

Sure look ....

pa9xA.gif

royo2.gif

They have more in common than you think :pac:

http://i.imgur.com/KwfQ2.gif

the silence about Andy has been deafening from a lot of quarters.

that should speak volumes as to how he's been doing the last month.

don't get me wrong, he's nowhere near "there", but we're starting to properly see what he's about. despite many comments to the contrary...

he does have clever movement - see his goal on Sunday.

he can shoot - again his goal on Sunday.

he does have pace once he gets going - see Spurs at home for example.

he does put himself about and look to bully defenders - see the Utd Cup game.

before someone comes in with it, no, he's not worth £35m. and yes, we probably could've spent the money more wisely at the time. and yes, this better form has been a looooooooooong time in coming.

but fúck it, he's ours, and he's starting to get it. he's settled, and is becoming more of a focal point as the weeks go on.

I have been one of his biggest critics on this forum but i did see a vast improvement in the past two games , and said as much at the final whistle on Sunday .

He looks a hell of a lot slimmer , faster & mobile . That lead arse look is gone and he know looks to be getting into positions that sec earlier which is making a hell of a difference .

I still think for the size of the lad he gets knocked around a bit too easy .

And i would like to see less complaining and more getting on with it - but in saying that it was absolutely ridiculous the marking of him by the Brighton defender for corners etc
    Anywhere else on the pitch and it was a free to Andy , but again once its in the box the Ref sees things differently ???

If he stays on his current course he could be a really key player in pushing for all the honours available in the remaining few games .

Well done Andy .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'll say one thing I've noticed about him other than his play recently... he looks happy. How many times this season have we seen him giving out to referees, linesmen, team mates? These last few games his entire demeanor has changed. He's playing with a bit of confidence at the moment and it shows in his play. Long may it continue

Yeah Carroll has been doing well. It is crazy to think the last game was the first time Gerrard, Suarez and Carroll played in a match together. I think that is what the commentator said anyway. Could not believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

*Started a match together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Every quote looks the same to me :confused:

You bastard.

I wasn't sitting down!

not the quote itself but the wee icon that lets you jump to that post being quoted...

if i was really bothered i'd take a screen shot but lazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What do people make of Rafa to Chelsea rumours? Could be some divided loyalties from the Rafa loyalists when Chelsea play us. I could actually see some Rafa loyalists being up for Chelsea, just to vindicate their stance on Rafa.

Personally, I wouldn't like to see him and Torres team up at Chelsea.

I think he'd be a great appointment for Chelsea to be honest, as I do for any club in the Premier League.

However, I don't think Chelsea will get rid of AVB just yet considering how much it cost to get him in. Apparently it cost £16m to get him out of Porto and into Chelsea, then you add in the cost of backroom staff etc and you're talking £20m +. Then you consider the pay-off costs involved with getting them out....it's a lot of money, even for Roman Abramovich.

With Hiddink at Anzhi and Ancellotti at PSG, I think he's primed to take over at Spurs when Harry inevitably goes to England full time. I think he'll do a great job there and keep them in the top 4 spots without a doubt.

Excellent manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

the silence about Andy has been deafening from a lot of quarters.

that should speak volumes as to how he's been doing the last month.

don't get me wrong, he's nowhere near "there", but we're starting to properly see what he's about. despite many comments to the contrary...

he does have clever movement - see his goal on Sunday.

he can shoot - again his goal on Sunday.

he does have pace once he gets going - see Spurs at home for example.

he does put himself about and look to bully defenders - see the Utd Cup game.

before someone comes in with it, no, he's not worth £35m. and yes, we probably could've spent the money more wisely at the time. and yes, this better form has been a looooooooooong time in coming.

but fúck it, he's ours, and he's starting to get it. he's settled, and is becoming more of a focal point as the weeks go on.

The silence hasn't been deafening I just most people don't see the bang in labouring on about how poor he has been. The fact people are harping on about him putting in some distinctly average performances yet bigging it up simply because he has been so unbelievable awful speaks a lot more than the silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The silence hasn't been deafening I just most people don't see the bang in labouring on about how poor he has been. The fact people are harping on about him putting in some distinctly average performances yet bigging it up simply because he has been so unbelievable awful speaks a lot more than the silence.
    I would say his last 3/4 performances have been well above average , he has been the biggest threat in the last few games , and a lot of the time defenders are simply constantly manhandling him to contain him.

I will say this i honestly think a smaller player would of had twice the amounts of fouls given , cause andy is such a big lad the refs seem to have a different standard to what a foul is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

How would you define genuine?

Not a cheap knock off that comes undone under any sort of pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

claire-rourke-portrait.jpg

Our Claires new twitter pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Toni Silva starts for Northampton tonight and has had his loan deal extended for the remainder of the season.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've reported this post.

If you put pictures of my girlfriend on a public forum again I will look to take legal action.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

As Rafa would say; kwality. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

She's a pretty girl but she's never get a job on SSN.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

OOOhhhhhhhh, to be that chair..............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Liverpool summer signing cavani having a good game tonight!!:P

G.K. wrote: »
    *Started a match together

Ah that is what it was. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Doesn't do it for me and her dr Spock ears Spook me out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

gafferino wrote: »
    Liverpool summer signing cavani having a good game tonight!!:P

I can confirm this will not happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

She's a pretty girl but she's never get a job on SSN.

Definitely not.....no chest potatoes!

After an awful season in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

426018_389368257743983_217280724952738_1716929_1833468452_n.jpg

The boys at the reserve game today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Lack of investment came to a head.

He's still the best man for the job, if Paco Ayestarán was alongside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lack of investment came to a head.

He's still the best man for the job, if Paco Ayestarán was alongside him.

Didn't they fall out?
    What about Steve Clark?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Anyone know what they actually fell out about?

• Advertisement

After a poor season. Yes. Managers should never be sacked after 1 poor season IMO, particularly when they'd dond such good work over a number of years up to that point and all that's totally ignoring the turmoil the club was in at the time too.

Its worth noting, that season we were still only a kick away from the Europa League final that was enough to get The Hodge the job.

The decision to sack Rafa then was a ****ing travesty, he deserved better & we deserved a man like him at the helm. Anyone arguing otherwise should be locked up to be honest.

gafferino wrote: »
    Anyone know what they actually fell out about?

Pako flirting with Chelsea. Came to a head when Rafa found him laughing & joking with Jose after a defeat to Chelsea iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

After a poor season. Yes. Managers should never be sacked after 1 poor season IMO, particularly when they'd dond such good work over a number of years up to that point and all that's totally ignoring the turmoil the club was in at the time too.

Its worth noting, that season we were still only a kick away from the Europa League final that was enough to get The Hodge the job.

The decision to sack Rafa then was a ****ing travesty, he deserved better & we deserved a man like him at the helm. Anyone arguing otherwise should be locked up to be honest.

The owners knew they had to get rid at all costs or else their bluffing would have come out publically even earlier.

A good few posters could sense something was going on in the background too.

Its a strange one, for his own career and sanity Rafa shouldn't have got soooo involved. For the club, he did Lfc some service!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

It'd be interesting to see what Roy would have done with 100m to spend in a year and whether or not we would be in a better position than now as a result.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement