Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel like they're on holidays?

Options
  • 23-05-2010 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭

Ok, so perhaps this could merge into the heatwave thread?

But tonight I was out on the balcony, having a beer, talking to my foreign (hence non-Irish accented) missus, and the air smelled just like it does when you pay a few hundred euro to fly somewhere else, and i was warm at 11 oçlock at night in may...

Totally felt like the cheapest holiday I ever had. Also I'm not in work tomorrow, and have a tan .... In May!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

davyjose wrote: »
    Ok, so perhaps this could merge into the heatwave thread?

But tonight I was out on the balcony, having a beer, talking to my foreign (hence non-Irish accented) missus, and the air smelled just like it does when you pay a few hundred euro to fly somewhere else, and i was warm at 11 oçlock at night in may...

Totally felt like the cheapest holiday I ever had. Also I'm not in work tomorrow, and have a tan .... In May!!!
    Get back to the Dail Harney! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Bertie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

The air doesn't smell different to me when I spend all my money to fly somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

This is exactly how I felt at 10 o clock tonight when I was walking through town to meet a friend, at 10 at night and I was warm in a t shirt, it reminded me of Spain, I could get used to this:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

ha i would have felt it if i werent sitting in work all day :(

nice stuff though! wonder how long it will be around for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

ha i would have felt it if i werent sitting in work all day :(

nice stuff though! wonder how long it will be around for

Shoelaces have feelings?:eek:

I will not tie my laces too tight next time so

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Yeah I know what you mean OP-I drilled a hole in the wall earlier and spied on the woman next door, all the time thinking I was in the peep show on La Ramblas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Hmmmm......sunny day, standing on a balcony alongside a foreign bird (that you'd probably score with later that night) having a drink.

I know which of those 4 would make me feel like I was on holiday!!! (Or dreaming!!! ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

Shoelaces have feelings?:eek:

I will not tie my laces too tight next time so

please dont.. when you do i have less room to breath and that means sweatier feet... POOHY!

P.S change your socks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Hmmmm......sunny day, standing on a balcony alongside a foreign bird (that you'd probably score with later that night) having a drink.

I know which of those 4 would make me feel like I was on holiday!!! (Or dreaming!!! ;) )

it's the simple things in life that are the best

standing on a balcony in beautiful weather + beer + foreign bird = win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Said that a few times over the past few days.

Went camping with friends at a reservoir last night, sat around a campfire and had a few drinks. We brought tents with us, but didn't even us them... Just slept out in the open with light blankets. Woke up this morning then, and just stayed by the reservoir all day sunbathing and had a bar-b-que!!

Was only gone from home for 24hours, and I feel like I'v been away on a holiday. Had a great weekend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Hope you were bragging to your foreign missis about how hot it is in Ireland compared to wherever she is from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

ocokev wrote: »
    Hope you were bragging to your foreign missis about how hot it is in Ireland compared to wherever she is from.
    She's from Hawaii, so eh, yeah, that got one of those smiles kinda like your parents gave you when you finally get a D in maths after a year of succesive F's! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Yeah I know what you mean OP-I drilled a hole in the wall earlier and spied on the woman next door, all the time thinking I was in the peep show on La Ramblas.

did you have a euro coin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I said the same thing last night! Its brilliant :D Was out for a hen party on the Cill Airne boat in town and it was just fab, drinking wine at 9pm on the deck lookin out at everyone all dressed in summery clothes and relaxed and happy.

Love it! OP totally know what you mean by a different smell in the air..the whole weekend felt like a quickie sun holiday abroad :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Yes and I fucking hate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

davyjose wrote: »
    She's from Hawaii, so eh, yeah, that got one of those smiles kinda like your parents gave you when you finally get a D in maths after a year of succesive F's! :pac:

Was she wearing a grass skirt? ;)

whiteboy wrote: »
    it's the simple things in life that are the best

standing on a balcony in beautiful weather + beer + foreign bird = win

In fairness, I embellished the foreign bird thing, after all, we're hitched ... so she's actually rather familiar to me.

But it still sounded better than, "Righ' Davih', it's youar bleedin tuuurn ti do deh dishes!"

Was she wearing a grass skirt? ;)

Hmm, now you mention it, that smell of cut grass actually might have just been coming from the wardrobe...

Advertisement