Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simon Kelly in yesterday's independent- "liberated" though he owes 200 million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'd feel liberated if the Government had signed an open ended agreement to bail me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

What's this guy Simon Kelly talking about- liberated.
    He owes the state 200 million.

Liberated because he knows

a) The bank can't do anything to him to get the money back. He's pretty much summed that up in the article. a) House in wives name for a long time = untouchable b) They won't repossess cars etc - can't recoup much for them.

b) His 'problems' are now part of NAMA (ie our problems)

c) He can essentially, throw his hands up, and walk away - 'What me worry?'

d) Even if he is declared a bankrupt, which means he can't be a company director for x amount of years, he can still work as a 'Consultant' for companies.

Hell, if all my financial problems were being taken care of by the State (ie the people), I'd feel pretty frocking liberated too.

Advertisement