Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGCE Primary qualification in scotland.. recognised in Ireland?

Options
  • 03-11-2009 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I want to apply to the university of Edinburgh for the PGCE in primary ed, but was wondering if the final qualification that i will get when I complete the course is recognised here in Ireland? I was going to apply for the universities in uk but realised I do not have leaving cert science and this is a basic requirement.. Scotland is my last chance!!

Any info will be very much appreciated!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭hokeypokey

aims22 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I want to apply to the university of Edinburgh for the PGCE in primary ed, but was wondering if the final qualification that i will get when I complete the course is recognised here in Ireland? I was going to apply for the universities in uk but realised I do not have leaving cert science and this is a basic requirement.. Scotland is my last chance!!

Any info will be very much appreciated!
    Thanks!

I would say it would but you'd probably need to some sort of course in irish though or a conversion course.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sarmer

Hi there
    Generally there is no problem with getting uk university teaching qualifications recognised in Ireland but I think it takes a while with paperwork etc! When you come back to Ireland you also have to sit the SCG exam for Irish but you have 5 years to do it.
    Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 thelittleone

Hi! Im doing the PGDE in Glasgow at the moment. There are about 70 irish on the course and it is def recognised at home! We will have to do our Irish exam when we get home but we have 5 years to do this. To teach in most schools in Ireland you will need your Catholic Teachers Certificate aswell. I am doing this as part of my course in Glasgow but I dont know if Edinburgh do it. It is possible to do this when your at home though, just not sure what the time frame is for it.

Advertisement