Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do I download films from OTT tv box to usb drive

Options
  • 03-02-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

hi, would anyone be able to give me some advice on how I can download films onto a usb key from an OTT tv box.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

brenne89 wrote: »
    hi, would anyone be able to give me some advice on how I can download films onto a usb key from an OTT tv box.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure you can - allot of the OTT boxes use encryption for the content
    Maybe ask in the Satellite / Cable Forum giving the exact box in use , there may be a work around.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Please make sure that answers to this query relate only to saving movies from either legitimate (ie Saorview or Freeview/Freesat) free to air set top box or a subscription service such as Sky or Netflix etc that you've paid for. Anything related to obtaining or saving material from other sources will attract infractions or bans, see the stickey on the Home Entertainment HTPC Forum for details.

Thanks,

Ritz

Advertisement