Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time - BA in Management Practice

Options
  • 25-11-2015 2:37pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone do this course? What were your thoughts on it?

Re. Exam schedule
    I think a lot of it is continuous assessment???
    Are there exams also?? Anyone know (broadly) when the exams for this course will be in 2016?

(I am going to be out of the country for some time in May 2016 and need to know what dates are the exams...)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

I'm in year 2.........its a disaster, lecturers not showing for in class presentations, zero communication from course director etc etc. Don't waste your time or money tbh! Its nearly Jan and we haven't received the time table for 2016!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Cheers johnnykitedude

You doing part time or full time?

It didn't start in Oct 2015 - went to register and literally a note on the Web page "will not be starting"

I've registered now for jan/Feb 2016.

Appreciate the feedback. I'm registered now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

I was in the first year to finish this course. Its ok and introduces you to a range of management topics. The better modules were economics, financial management, management accounting and strategic management.

Graduates wont change the World...but is a very suitable entry point for those coming back into education, or those wishing to develop managerial capabilities within their current role.

TBH, I found myself still looking for more after this course and went straight into the MSc Management which was the real deal...a broad management education with the depth associated with Masters level programs. I'm now doing a PhD in Business - even though BAMP seems like a very long time ago Id still look back on notes and handouts as a source of direction.

The exam dates are generally predictable if you look back over the previous exam papers. As OP mentioned, there's not many exams with focus on applied learnings through CA's.

Advertisement