Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 seanh1992

22 year old postgrad student looking for a house for 2015/2016. Don't know the area well, looking for a room in a house with people who are sociable enough but not partying every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 catlin.

Could anyone help me out here, I'm hoping to be going to nuig in September and have planned to be seeking on campus accommodation at corroborating village but I hear it is very strict on geusts? I understand you need your student id after nine and so on but what happens if you have a friend who wants to stay for the weekend or anything ? Is it difficult to get past security and all that? Any help would be greatly appreciated :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

Corrib would be booked out by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jackrobert9519

Hey, bed going in a twin bedroom ensuite in Newcastle. €67.50 a week on a 36 week lease. Sharing with me, a somewhat academic but outgoing guy ;) House has four other guys, all laid back and friendly. Refuse and Internet included as well as Sky TV. Good set up for the price and in a decent location. Pm if you're interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Looking for a few others to share a house with from September.
    Going into 2nd Year Arts (don't judge me I'm going for teaching :P)
    Can afford €300-350/month + bills
    Academic and able to motive others if needed (;P), but also outgoing, but not an every night partyier, but I wont hold it against anyone
    Don't play sports competitively but very interested in GAA, Rugby and Soccer (mostly International soccer)
    Strong headed and sometimes political :O
    I'm told I'm easy to live with and Im a fairly good chef :)
    If ya have a spare room for next year or want to join up to look of somewhere over the summer drop me a PM :)

I'm a lad btw

Just got accepted for Postgrad in NUIG. Unfamiliar with the area so I'm not too sure if it's too early to be looking for houses yet. I'm fairly easy going, tidy and up for a bit of craic just not where everyones out every night of the week, prefer to live with final years or other postgrads. If anyone has any info or wants to team up and get a house could you PM me. Thanks!

Posting again! Got accepted for Postgrad in NUIG. Unfamiliar with the area so I'm not too sure if it's too early to be looking for houses yet. I'm fairly easy going, tidy and up for a bit of craic just not where everyones out every night of the week, prefer to live with final years or other postgrads. If anyone has any info or wants to team up and get a house could you PM me. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WigglesXxX

Hi, I'm a 27 year old mature student I will be in my 3rd and maybe final year in NUIG I am looking for a room to rent from September 2015 till May 2016. My price range is from 200 to 300 euro looking for a reasonable place, either close to the college or close to a bus service. I would prefer females only but will be open to anything. I am responsible, easy going, friendly, I am not a party girl but do enjoy a few drinks socially. Hope to find something soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BauBau19

laoise09 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the wifi is decent in Corrib Village? I have heard its not great

Its usually pretty good..no problem streaming matches or movies.
    Anyone with any numbers for landlords close to the college for a 4 bed house? Four 4th years looking to be as close to college as possible. PM me please :D

Theres a few 4 bedroom houses in Dun up online.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

laoise09 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the wifi is decent in Corrib Village? I have heard its not great

They're moving to UPC for broadband last time I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Js1997

I've gort na coiribe booked for September, does anyone know do many first years stay there?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MessiHutz

Where would people recommend getting a house for 2nd year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

MessiHutz wrote: »
    Where would people recommend getting a house for 2nd year?

Newcastle, or thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Js1997 wrote: »
    I've gort na coiribe booked for September, does anyone know do many first years stay there?

Not too many IIRC. They mostly stick to Corrib Village, Dun aras, Lisdonagh and maybe also Center Point.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Js1997 wrote: »

Usually just 2nd years in Gort in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JamesON12

Hey everyone! I'm going to be starting in September with the engineering program as an international student from the US. I've absolutely no idea where to start with looking for accommodations! I know I don't want to do the housing through the school since I'm so much older than a typical first year (I'm 30). Any recommendations? I've no problem living with people who are younger, as I normally gravitate towards a younger crowd anyways, I just definitely need my own room for sure. Open to sharing a house or flat, and won't have a car.

Thanks so much!

Hey there,

I am looking for accommodation too, going to be starting a masters in September and just looking for a few roomies as it seems to be tough to get decent accommodation just for 1 !

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aarondrq

Hi, I'm a 21 year old second year student in NUIG and looking for roomates to share a house with this September. I've already teamed up with one girl but we'd need at least 3 or 4 to get a decent house. PM me or reply if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saoirse23

Aarondrq wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a 21 year old second year student in NUIG and looking for roomates to share a house with this September. I've already teamed up with one girl but we'd need at least 3 or 4 to get a decent house. PM me or reply if you're interested.

Hi,my son is 21,going into fourth yr,was supposed to be sharing with some mates but didn't work out so he's looking for someone to share with now.Are you sorted.I can give you email address

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭KOB33

20yo going into first year arts this year, will be looking for private accommodation. If anyone needs an extra person for booking with feel free to message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OddlySane

Hi, I'm 21yr old girl heading into 3rd year NUIG, and looking for about 3 roommates for the academic year :) I've found a couple houses already, so please PM if you're looking for a room :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Theres a room available sharing with 2 girls and 1 lad near Eyre Square. Final Years only. PM for more deatils

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Does anyone know what the best place to look is in terms of renting a room.

I've been checking daft.ie which seems okay but limited.

I understand the galway advertiser used to be good, but is that still the go to place to look?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 speechie1991

Two final year students looking for others to team up with for house share. PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skankrandy

Hi, I'm going to be on the MA in writing at NUIG in September. Any advice about accommodation this late in the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Hi guys, is Daft.ie still the place for advertising rental houses for students or has another website taken over? I'm posting an ad for my parents but am finding very little on daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rankingelite

Final Year student, looking to team up with others. PM if interested :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

robman60 wrote: »
    Hi guys, is Daft.ie still the place for advertising rental houses for students or has another website taken over? I'm posting an ad for my parents but am finding very little on daft.

Id imagine the Advertiser classifieds is still a big go to for many students, and many traditional landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iamtheduchess

Hi, I'm hoping to receive an offer for medicine on Monday, but I don't have any accommodation booked. I called the office and got a number for a landlady with a room in Newcastle, but I'd honestly prefer to stay in student accommodation for the social aspect. I'd only be really happy with a single-ensuite room. If anyone has any advice/suggestions I'd be more than delighted. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Hi, I'm hoping to receive an offer for medicine on Monday, but I don't have any accommodation booked. I called the office and got a number for a landlady with a room in Newcastle, but I'd honestly prefer to stay in student accommodation for the social aspect. I'd only be really happy with a single-ensuite room. If anyone has any advice/suggestions I'd be more than delighted. Thanks

Corrib Village always has a few cancellations but you have to be in like a hawk to avail of places(you have to be on the waiting list I think), and you wouldn't be guaranteed a single or ensuite room. I'd imagine it's the same in Dunaras or wherever else other first years stay. If push comes to shove you might have to accept accommodation outside your ideal preferences because you have left it till now. Hope it all works out

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Scone0

19 year old first year student looking for 2 or 3 others to rent a house, anybody interested?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 aaronmcc1231

Scone0 wrote: »
    19 year old first year student looking for 2 or 3 others to rent a house, anybody interested?

Yeah I'd be interested, 18 year old going into first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shaunaobrienn

Hey 19 year old also interested if youre still looking? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niamhiemaria

I'm a mature med student looking for accommodation in close proximity to NUIG. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

In serious need of accommodation for my daughter in 2nd year. Absolutely nothing available and so many at every viewing.

Just booked a place in the Kinlay Hostel for first semester, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Janeh9 wrote: »
    Just booked a place in the Kinlay Hostel for first semester, anyone else?

Yeah I did aswell went to it Sunday its a grand place right next to eyre square and the train/bus station :D

Ill see you there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Janeh9 wrote: »
    Ill see you there :D

I'm just praying my roommates are sound haha

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WoolyAbyss

room available to share with three lads going into second year. House is located near Dunaras.PM if you're interested and I can give you details.

• Advertisement

I'm just praying my roommates are sound haha

Same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

Hi

My daughter has received and excepted a third round offer to a course in TCD, she had been in GY301 and had a place in Corrib village.
    Any one interested in taken her place in Corrib village please reply, her room is a Double Bedroom, Ensuite Shared Between 2 People.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

Hi there I am going to be studying an MA in Writing this academic year in September 2016/2017 and am currently househunting. Looking for a double ensuite within close proximity to the college. Does anyone have numbers for landlords - looking to get it sorted asap. PM me if you've got any info. Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JC960

If a landlord is only offering a 1 year lease from now for a house, is there any way to just get it for the college year ( can it be arranged for someone else to stay for the summer if they like ) or how does it work

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

i've wondered the same thing. no luck with househunting just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amcc123

hello i was just wondering is there anyone else going to staying centrepoint appartments for 2016/2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Appmaths97

My friend paid a deposit for corrib village. Would i be able to take his room if he doesnt get enough points?
    Do you have to pay a deposit to be on the waiting list aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭nandoslover

I've got NUI Galway on my CAO and looked into a bit of house hunting. Seems that all on campus accommodation is gone so have to look for a room for first semester. Is August to late to leave this do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Appmaths97 wrote: »
    My friend paid a deposit for corrib village. Would i be able to take his room if he doesnt get enough points?
    1) No, Corrib will give the room to the next person on the waiting list. You can't just skip an entire waiting list..
    2) No you dont
    I've got NUI Galway on my CAO and looked into a bit of house hunting. Seems that all on campus accommodation is gone so have to look for a room for first semester. Is August to late to leave this do you think?
    From experience, August would be too late, especially with the current accommodation situation in Galway for students. Unless you want to live in digs or a hostel for the first semester, don't leave it until august. Some people I know left it till august and got extremely lucky, some(most) not so much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭nandoslover

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    1) No, Corrib will give the room to the next person on the waiting list. You can't just skip an entire waiting list..
    2) No you dont

From experience, August would be too late, especially with the current accommodation situation in Galway for students. Unless you want to live in digs or a hostel for the first semester, don't leave it until august. Some people I know left it till august and got extremely lucky, some(most) not so much so.

Got it, I've put myself on as many waiting lists as I can. Could you just explain to me what exactly digs are? Are they just houses in which a family live and you rent a room?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Appmaths97 wrote: »

Everyone on the waiting list for corrib village have an equal chance of getting a room. doesnt matter how long you were on the waiting list

• Advertisement
Advertisement