Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ac adapter repair

Options
  • 12-12-2008 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

hi,

would anyone know where and how much it would cost to fix my laptops power supply?

its only a minimal problem but needs to be fixed. the problem is the little bit just at the part that plugs into the back of the laptop. too much twisting me thinks and now some of the wires are sticking out.

0950-2880.jpg[

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What laptop is it? And no, i wouldn't think there'd be any chance of a repair, just buy a new one, it'd be a lot easier.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

^^ What he said. I've repaired my own before. Not really worth it. It'l; break again in a few wee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭omgiluvxmas

Hi,

Yes the computer in question is a Toshiba Satellite.

Where would I go about getting a new adapter in Dublin?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

No need for the bold type. I corrected it but just so you know.

ok.

if i drop this adapter into A1 computers in cabinteely how much would it cost?

getting a new one seems too much of a hassle unless someone can tell me where to get one.

• Advertisement

ok.

if i drop this adapter into A1 computers in cabinteely how much would it cost?

getting a new one seems too much of a hassle unless someone can tell me where to get one.

I'm telling you, if you get it "repaired" it will break again. Go onto ebay and the likes and see if you can pick one up, cheaper, easier, and you will have a new adapter.

I think you are over-estimating the problem mate.

I think you are over-estimating the problem mate.

You came looking for advice. I gave you advice. At the end of the day you can do whatever you like.

But I want to know do u fully understand what happened to the adapter?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

adaptors and wall warts usually go where the cable goes into the back of the plug or into the adaptor

you'll pickup an adaptor on ebay for €15 give or take , no one is going to crack open an ultrasonic welded plastic case that they can't close easily and safely for that sort of money

in a lot of cases loose wires means shorts so the electronics on the adaptor have been stressed , again not something a repair shop want's to stand over

it's a design flaw common to all adaptors they never give enough support to the cable

• Advertisement
Advertisement